Watch: Steam Coils for low or high-pressure uses
Featured Product from Marlo Heat Transfer Solutions
Marlo Heat Transfer Solutions offers the “D” and “H” distributing steam coils. “D” coils are standard steam coils with distributing steam tubes within 5/8” condensate return tubes. These are sometimes referred to as Freeze Proof coils due to their resistance to freezing when used in temperatures below 32F. “H” coils are built the same way, except they use 1” condensate return tubes.
Steam coils can be configured with either a continuous straight-through steam path or distributing type with inner and outer steam tubes.
Standard steam coils have opposite end supply and condensate connections.
The steam tubes are pitched toward the condensate header to promote condensate removal.
Distributing steam coils feature inner steam distributing tubes and same-end supply and condensate connections combined into a single common header to promote condensate removal. Either design is available for low or high-pressure steam applications and in several combinations of materials.
- S Coils - Steam coil utilizing 0.625” diameter tubes and a straight through steam path.
- V Coils - Steam coil utilizing 1.0” diameter tubes and a straight through steam path.
- D Coils - Steam coil utilizing 0.625” diameter outer tubes with 0.375” inner steam distributing tube.
- H Coils - Steam coil utilizing 1.0” diameter tubes with 0.625” inner steam distributing tube.
- M Coils – Distributing Steam Coils for Even Steam Distribution - Steam coil with straight thru design featuring inner steam tubes which are supplied from both ends of the coil and utilizing a single condensate header. A crossover header is provided to allow for same-end connections.