USB and Ethernet DAQ Devices ...SC-1608 Series
Featured Product from Measurement Computing
Measurement Computing - USB and Ethernet DAQ Devices with Isolated Analog and Digital Signal Conditioning.
- USB and Ethernet DAQ devices with analog (8B) and digital (SSR) signal conditioning
- Directly measure voltage, strain, temperature, current, and frequency using eight 8B analog I/O modules
- 500 V channel-to-channel isolated I/O signal conditioning
- Digital sense and switch up to 280 VAC using eight solid state relay (SSR) modules
- Sample rates up to 500 kS/s
- 16-bit resolution
- One or two 32-bit counters
- Up to two 16-bit analog outputs, isolated using 8B output modules
- Screw terminals and a 50-pin header connector for field wiring
- External 12 volt power supply
- Rack mount enclosure available
NOTE: 8B analog modules and SSR digital modules sold separately
- Support for DAQami, easy-to-use advanced data logging application to acquire, view, and log data
- TracerDAQ® for acquiring and displaying data and generating signals
- Universal Library includes support for Visual Studio® and Visual Studio® .NET, including examples for Visual C++®, Visual C#®, Visual Basic®, and Visual Basic® .NET
- Universal Library for Android™ includes support and examples for the Android 3.1 platform (API level 12) and later
- DASYLab® and NI LabVIEW™ drivers
- MATLAB® Data Acquisition Toolbox™ support
- Linux® open-source drivers (SC-1608 Series USB products only)
- InstaCal™ software utility for installing, configuration, and testing
Supported Operating Systems: Windows® 8/7/Vista®/XP, 32-bit or 64-bit;
Android 3.1 (API level 12) and later; Linux®
The SC-1608 Series provides an all-in-one solution to measure and condition analog signals (voltage, temperature, current, frequency, strain, and so on), as well as high voltage and relay digital signals.
The SC-1608 Series is available with three USB versions and one Ethernet version. Each version provides mounting connectors for eight 8B analog input modules, two 8B analog output modules (if AO is supported), and eight digital I/O modules. If a product does not support analog outputs, two additional voltage input modules can be installed.
Conditioned signals are brought out to screw terminals. Users can access all signals via the 50-pin header connector. Any non-conditioned input or output can be used as a non-isolated channel.
SC-1608X-2AO-USB, SC-1608X-USB, and SC-1608-USB
SC-1608 Series USB products provide eight conditioned analog inputs via the front screw terminal (10 if the product does not support analog outputs). Eight additional single-ended channels, eight DIO, counter inputs, trigger input, and external clocking are available via the 50-pin header.
The SC-1608-2AO-ENET provides eight conditioned analog inputs via the front screw terminal. Two analog outputs, eight DIO, a counter input, a trigger input, and external clocking are available via the 50-pin header. This product has a 10/100 BASE-T communication port.
8B Analog I/O Signal Conditioning Modules
8B analog I/O modules provide 500 V channel-to-channel isolated I/O signal conditioning. Users mix and match on a per-channel basis between supported voltage, TC, RTD, strain gage, current, and frequency modules. The SC-1608 Series provides mounting locations for eight 8B input modules and two 8B output modules. If a product does not support analog outputs, two additional voltage input modules can be installed. Positive, negative, and excitation signals are brought out to screw terminals for field wiring connections.
Cold Junction Compensation (CJC)
Users can enable CJC functionality with onboard jumpers for each 8B thermocouple input module installed.
Current Shunt Resistors
Sockets are available for users to install plug-in shunt resistors to monitor a 4-20 mA current loop or to measure current using 8B analog voltage input modules.
SSR Digital I/O Control Modules
SSR digital I/O modules are isolated relay control modules. The SC-1608 Series provides mounting locations for eight DIO modules. Users set the input/output type of each module with a DIP switch. Positive and negative relay contacts are brought out to screw terminals for field wiring connections.
Digital Output Logic Control
The control logic polarity for each digital output module is configurable with an onboard jumper for inverted logic (active high, default) or non-inverted logic (active low). This jumper setting has no effect on digital input modules.
The eight analog inputs, two analog outputs, and eight digital I/O that interface with the 8B analog I/O modules and digital I/O modules are brought out to screw terminals and to a 50-pin header connector for field wiring connections.
Any unconditioned input or output can be accessed on the header connector as a non-isolated channel.
External Power Supply
External power is required. An external 12 VDC supply ships with each SC-1608 Series product; users can alternately connect their own supply to an onboard screw terminal.
The SC-1608 Series can be used on a bench or installed in a rack mount enclosure (MCC p/n ENC-19X5X5).