Learn the basics of tungsten wire, its properties & applications
Featured Product from Metal Cutting Corporation
Even though tungsten wire’s widespread use in incandescent lighting has faded with the growing popularity of CFLs and LEDs, it continues to be a product that has a large number of diverse applications, for many of which there is no known substitute. In this free guide, find out why tungsten remains one of the most widely used refractory metals.
Here’s just a sampling of what you’ll learn about from this helpful reference guide:
- The desirable properties of tungsten compounds and tungsten alloyed with steel.
- How tungsten metal is formed into powders or shaped into wires, rods, and electrodes
- Why tungsten products are in demand for many applications from cutting tools and jet turbine engines, to ammunition, medical devices, and fishing weights
- Practical applications as well as what you can’t do with tungsten
- Why mechanical properties of wire made by different companies can vary as much as 10 percent
DON’T MISS OUT on this handy guide that explains everything you need to know about tungsten wire. CLICK HERE to download
Metal Cutting is an independent metal fabricating company specializing in the burr-free abrasive cut-off of metal parts and the related grinding, lapping, polishing, turning, EDM and metrology capabilities required to meet our customers’ tight tolerance requirements. We manufacture precision metal components for a very diverse range of industries, including medical device, automotive, electronic, biotechnology, semiconductor, aerospace, fiber optic, electrical and general mechanical industries.