Temperature Switch with Selectable Hysteresis
Product Announcement from Microchip Technology, Inc.
These devices do not require external components, consume 5 μA (typical), and the factory set thresholds provide simplicity. In addition, this family of devices provide user selectable 2°C and 10°C (typical) switch hysteresis, and various output configurations. The MCP9501/2 outputs switch for rising temperatures while the MCP9503/4 switch for falling temperature, with the relative hysteresis at the set thresholds. This family of devices is also available with Active-High Push-Pull and Active-Low Open-Drain outputs, the MCP9502/4 and the MCP9501/3, respectively. The Push-Pull output is ideal for a microcontroller interface while the Open-Drain output can be used for level shifting, wired-OR configuration, or as a heater on/off switch.
The MCP9501/2/3/4 operate from 2.7V to 5.5V supply. This family is available with space saving 5-lead SOT-23 package.
• Factory Set Temperature Switch
• Available Temperature Switch Thresholds:
SET = -35°C,-25°C, -15°C, -5°C, 5°C, 15°C,
25°C, 35°C, 45°C, 55°C, 65°C, 75°C, 85°C,
95°C, 105°C, 115°C, 125°C
• Wide Operating Voltage Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
• Low Supply Current: 25 μA (typical)
• Temperature Switch Accuracy:
- ±1°C (typical)
- ±4°C (maximum) -15°C to +75°C
- ±6°C (maximum) -40°C to +125°C
• Switch Threshold Options (Hot/Cold):
- Rising Temp.: MCP9501/2 (Hot Option)
- Falling Temp.: MCP9503/4 (Cold Option)
• Output Configuration Options:
- Active Low, Open-Drain Output: MCP9501/3
– Uses External Pull-up Resistor
- Active-High, Push-Pull Output: MCP9502/4
• User Selectable Hysteresis: 2°C or 10°C (typical)
• 5-lead SOT-23 package