CUSTOM WASHERS & NUTS
Featured Product from National Bolt & Nut Corporation
CUSTOM NUTS AND WASHERS
National Bolt & Nut Corporation manufactures a broad selection of custom nuts and washers that meet various applications and market needs. If an application requires a custom nut, National Bolt & Nut can deliver with our variety of design options.
TYPES OF NUTS AVAILABLE
Our expert team has the knowledge, skills, and equipment needed to manufacture a variety of custom-tailored nuts in low to high production volumes:
TYPES OF NUTS AVAILABLE:
- Two-way: Reversible
- Anchor: Best for applications where access to one side of a structure is limited
- Cap: Domed end on one side
- Castle: Castellated with slots cut into one end
- Conical: Tapered
- Coupling: Threaded to join two male threads
- Finished hex: Six-sided to ensure bolt stays in place
- Flex lock: Resist impact and shock
- Heavy hex: Larger and thicker for large-diameter bolts
- Hex flange: Wide flange on one end to distribute pressure
- Hex jam: Thinner with flat corners
- Keps: Free-spinning washer attached for easier assembly
- Nylon insert: Inner-diameter insert to resist turning
- Nylon patch: Nylon covering in inner diameter for increased grip
- Nylon pellet: Uses smaller nylon insert to provide seal
- Semi-finished hex: Six-sided nut with only the thread and bearing surface machined
- Serrated hex flange: Non-spinning washers attached at bottom
- Slotted hex: Six-sided with locking mechanism slots
- Square: Four-sided nuts with greater resistance to loosening
- Thumb: Knurled outside surface for easier manual tightening
- Top lock: Deformed top thread section acting as locking “zone”
- Wing: Contains two metal wings for easier manual tightening
All of these can be manufactured to English, British, or metric sizing standards and a wide range of industry standards, including DIN, ANSI, IFI, ISO, JIS, SAE, and ASTM.
CUSTOM NUTS - MATERIALS AND FINISHES
Material selection for your component is important, as different physical and chemical characteristics can improve the performance of your application greatly. Let our team help you select the right material to ensure your part meets the requirements and restrictions of the application.
The materials we offer for our custom nut solutions are:
- Alloy steels
- Silicone bronze
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Various plastics
In addition to our manufacturing capabilities, we also offer treatment and finishing services to facilitate the delivery of a strong and durable nut. For example, we provide heat treatment to enhance the nut's hardness and a range of finishes-from automotive and black oxide to silver and zinc plating-to improve the nut's functional and aesthetic qualities.
Similar to our custom nuts, our custom washers are available in a variety of materials with different finishes and standards compliances to suit various customer needs.
TYPES OF WASHERS AVAILABLE
The types of washers we custom manufacture are:
- USS Flat Washers
- Helical Spring Lock Washers
- SAE Flat Washers
- Structural Washers
- Metric Lock Washers
- Metric Flat Washers
- Beveled Washers
TYPES OF WASHERS AVAILABLE:
- Beveled: Angled for structural applications
- Flange: Raised inside diameter
- Flat: Used to increase the bearing surface of a nut or fastener’s head
- Hardened: Provide tightness to joints and distribute pressure
- Lock: Prevents nuts from turning and slipping
- Plastic: Offer vibration resistance and can withstand exposure to certain chemicals
- Shoulder: Provides insulation and reduces vibration
- Spring: Offer axial flexibility to prevent loosening
- Wave: Compensating spring to absorb shock
Watch>>>Fastener Material Selection and Plating Guide
Learn how to choose the best Fastener Material & Finish for your project, what are the different Materials Properties, what is Galvanic Corrosion and more here
Watch>>>Custom Bolts and Fasteners | National Bolt & Nut Corporation
We manufacture standard and custom bolts to meet your specifications. Offering a large variety of fastener, thread, bolt, and screw head types, click here to learn more
National Bolt & Nut, Inc.
National Bolt & Nut, Inc. (NBN) is a Domestic Manufacturer of large diameter custom non-standard fasteners for critical care applications.
NBN supplies Bolts, Nuts, Studs and Washers to the Agricultural, Energy, Heavy Equipment, Mining, Petrochemical, and Rock Crushing industries.
We have provided "blue print specials" since 1996 in all grades of steel and exotic materials.
Our ISO compliant Quality Program challenges NBN to identify ways to best serve ever changing customer needs. All fasteners are manufactured to ASME, ASTM, DIN, ISO and to customers proprietary standard specifications.
NBN guarantees to offer custom quality fasteners at the best price with the fastest industry lead times available.