Silcon® Silicone Tubing
Featured Product from NewAge Industries
The most outstanding properties of SILCON are its flexibility and resistance to temperature extremes. These, plus its good electrical properties and ability to self- extinguish, make SILCON an excellent choice for appliances and thermal sleeving.
- Raw materials meet FDA requirements per FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 for use with food contact surfaces
- Able to resist extreme temperature variation: -100°F to 500°F (350°F maximum for NSF applications)
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow
- Resilient, stretchable, and resistant to compression set
- Reusable — will withstand repeated sterilization^
- Odorless, tasteless, and inert
- Good electrical and weatherability properties — resists U.V., ozone, gases, and moisture
- Listed by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF-51) for food equipment materials*
- Conforms to 3-A Sanitary Standards for Number 18-03 (Multiple Use Rubber and Rubber-Like Materials)
- Free of BPA, latex and phthalates; RoHS compliant
Peroxide-cured SILCON contains no sulphur or other acid-producing chemicals, thereby eliminating the possibility of staining, corroding, or deteriorating materials it contacts. It is extremely resistant to ozone and U.V. over long time periods.
|Hardness, Shore A ±5||50|
|Tensile Strength, psi||1444|
|Elongation at Break, %||608|
|Brittle Temperature, °F||-100|
|Tear Resistance, Die B, ppi||120|
|Modulus at 100%||186|
|Max. Operating Temperature, °F||500|
|Max. Operating Temperature for NSF, °F||350|
^SILCON may be low pressure steam sterilized in-line or autoclaved at up to 250°F in a normal autoclaving cycle. However, if exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long- term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually relax and become gummy. It should then be replaced.
*If used in an NSF application, the maximum operating temperature is limited to 350°F.
**Values listed are typical and are meant only as a guide to aid in design. Field testing should be performed to find the actual values for the application.
SILCON is not recommended for implantable or in- body uses or for continuous steam applications.
Other silicone tubing products from NewAge Industries offer similar temperature ranges and are available in medical, industrial, and NSF-listed grades. Styles include peroxide or platinum-cured, unreinforced or braid-reinforced tubing and a heavy-duty, vacuum-rated reinforced hose. Made in USA.
Silbrade® - Braid Reinforced Hose
Silbrade® Medical - Medical Grade Braid Reinforced Hose
Silcon® - Silicone Tubing
Silcon® Medical - Medical Grade Tubing
Silcon® Med-X - Platinum Cured Medical Grade Tubing