Silcon® Silicone Tubing
Featured Product from NewAge Industries, Inc. / AdvantaPure
The most outstanding properties of SILCON are its flexibility and resistance to temperature extremes. These, plus its good electrical properties and ability to self- extinguish, make SILCON an excellent choice for appliances and computers.
- Raw materials meet FDA requirements per FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 for use with food contact surfaces
- Able to resist extreme temperature variation: -100°F to 500°F (350°F maximum for NSF applications)
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow
- Resilient, stretchable, and resistant to compression set
- Reusable — will withstand repeated sterilization^
- Odorless, tasteless, and inert
- Good electrical and weatherability properties — resists U.V., ozone, gases, and moisture
- Listed by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF-51) for food equipment materials*
- Free of BPA, latex and phthalates
- RoHS compliant
Peroxide-cured SILCON contains no sulphur or other acid-producing chemicals, thereby eliminating the possibility of staining, corroding, or deteriorating materials it contacts. It is extremely resistant to ozone and U.V. over long time periods.
^SILCON may be low pressure steam sterilized in-line or autoclaved at up to 250°F in a normal autoclaving cycle. However, if exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long- term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually relax and become gummy. It should then be replaced.
*If used in an NSF application, the maximum operating temperature is limited to 350°F.
SILCON is not recommended for implantable or in- body uses or for continuous steam applications.
Other silicone tubing products from NewAge Industries offer similar temperature ranges and are available in medical, industrial, and NSF-listed grades. Styles include peroxide or platinum-cured, unreinforced or braid-reinforced tubing and a heavy-duty, vacuum-rated reinforced hose. Made in USA.
Silbrade® - Braid Reinforced Hose
Silbrade® Medical - Medical Grade Braid Reinforced Hose
Silcon® - Silicone Tubing
Silcon® Medical - Medical Grade Tubing
Silcon® Med-X - Platinum Cured Medical Grade Tubing
Silvac® - Polyester & Wire Reinforced Silicone Suction Hose