ESD protection in automotive application
Featured Product from Nexperia B.V.
Nexperia's ESD Automotive Application Guide provides an overview of using an optimized ESD (ElectroStatic Discharge) concept to minimize the risk of ESD damage, supporting the engineer community in protecting automotive appplications and products against ESD issues or EOS (Electrical Over Stress). The highlighted ESD protection solutions offer several advantages which include improved system-level robustness (IEC61000-4-2), low clamping voltages safeguarding latest SoC technology, minimized impact on bus and interface signal integrity, arrays that combine multi-line protection in single packages, packages that simplify PCB design for optimized layouts and AEC-Q101 qualification.
The application guide is designed to help you quickly find the best ESD protection solution for your design in In-Vehicle Networks (IVN) and multimedia buses applications, such as:
- LIN (Local Interconnected Network)
- CAN (Controller Area Network)
- CAN FD (CAN Flexible Data rate)
- Automotive Ethernet 100BASE-T1 and 1000BASE-T1
- Multimedia / infotainment HDMI, USB
- ADAS interfaces LVDS, HDBaseT, APIX, GMSL, FPD-link
- Transient voltage suppressors (TVS)