Air Quality Particle Counting Meter PCE-PCO 1
Featured Product from PCE Instruments / PCE Americas Inc.
PCE-PCO 1 is a handheld particle-counting air quality meter or dust measuring device for measuring the concentration of particles in the air. The PCE-PCO 1 hygienic dust measuring device is ideal for monitoring clean rooms, indoor air quality, exposure to exhaust, tobacco or cigarette smoke and other harmful air pollutants, and levels of airborne dust. Cigarette smoke particles mainly are distributed in the size range from 0.1 to 1.0 micron.
A variety of materials are explosible in dust form. Some examples include: food (e.g., candy, sugar, spice, starch, flour and feed), grain, tobacco, plastics, wood, paper, pulp, rubber, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, dyes, coal and metals (e.g., aluminum, chromium, iron, magnesium and zinc). These materials are used in agriculture, chemical manufacturing, pharmaceutical production, furniture, textiles, fossil fuel power generation, recycling operations, metal working and processing (including additive manufacturing and 3D printing) and many other industries and processes.
In addition to being a combustion hazard, certain kinds of dust can be a health hazard. Exposure (such as skin contact, eye contact and inhalation) can be linked to sneezing, a stuffy or runny nose, itchy or red eyes, headaches, fatigue, fever, cough, shortness of breath, dermatitis, asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia (e.g., Legionnaires’ disease and hypersensitivity pneumonitis) and cancer.
- Measures 6 sizes of particles: 0.3 µm, 0.5 µm, 1.0 µm, 2.5 µm, 5.0 µm, 10 µm
- Offers a robust, 80 MB internal memory
- Features a large, full-color LCD display with backlight
- Includes a built-in camera for image and video recording
- Contains sensors for measuring air temperature, dew point and relative humidity
- Displays temperature measurements in degrees Celsius (°C) or degrees Fahrenheit (°F)