Krebs Stormer Viscosity Test Instrument PCE-RVI 6
Featured Product from PCE Instruments / PCE Americas Inc.
PCE-RVI 6 is a Krebs viscometer or Stormer viscometer used in industrial and research applications to measure Krebs Unit viscosity according to the ASTM D562, ASTM D1131 and ASTM D856 standards. Featuring an integrated temperature sensor to help ensure accurate test results, this Krebs Stormer viscometer displays measurements in Krebs Units (KU), grams (g) and centipoise (cP).
With the lever at its highest position and the Krebs spindle free to rotate outside the sample, turn the viscometer on and allow the instrument to perform its 10-second self-calibration. After the self-calibration is complete, place the measuring cup on a stand on the base. Lower the lever to its lowest position. The Krebs spindle will start to rotate automatically. The viscometer will run a test using shear rate to measure the viscosity of the fluid in the measuring cup. During the testing process, the LCD digital display will show the measured values and a "o" symbol will appear in the upper right corner of the display. When the test is completed, a "?" symbol will appear in place of the "o" symbol and the final measured values can be read. Upon completion of the test, raise the lever to its highest position to stop the rotation of the Krebs spindle.
Used in the testing, development, manufacture and quality control of paints, coatings, lacquers, varnishes, adhesives, pastes and liquid inks, this Krebs viscometer:
- Includes a bright, easy-to-read LCD digital display
- Offers an integrated RS-232 interface or communications port for sending results to a printer
- Comes with an integrated temperature sensor for measuring the temperature of the sample or the air
- Uses a simple lever to move the spindle into the sample, making the testing process user friendly
- Maintains a constant speed of 200 revolutions per minute (rpm)
- Includes 800 ml stainless beaker