10GigE Vision Connectivity for Camera Link Cameras
Featured Product from Pleora Technologies Inc.
Pleora’s iPORT CL-Ten External Frame Grabbers use a high-performance GigE Vision 2.0 over 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GigE) link to transmit video simultaneously from two Camera Link Base or Medium cameras, or a single Camera Link Full camera at maximum data rates, with low, predictable latency. These external frame grabbers allow designers to extend and aggregate system cabling, and integrate Camera Link cameras into a networked environment.
The CL-Ten converts video data to Ethernet packets and sends them over a 10 GigE link to receiving software or hardware. With the long reach of 10 GigE – 1000s of meters versus 10 meters for Camera Link – processing and analysis equipment can be located outside of harsh environments, in more convenient locations for maintenance, or in centralized operations centers.
The CL-Ten is supported by Pleora’s feature-rich eBUS SDK application tool kit. With this software suite, designers can rapidly prototype and deploy production-ready software to support video transmission over GigE, 10 GigE, and USB 3.0 using the same application programming interface (API).
- Transmits video from Camera Link cameras over 10 GigE with low, consistent latency
- Product options for designers to meet system requirements:
- iPORT CL-Ten Full supports transmission from a single Full (including Deca and 80-bit) mode camera
- iPORT CL-Ten Dual Medium supports simultaneous transmission of 2 Medium or Base mode cameras
- Provides power to cameras utilizing the Power over Camera Link (PoCL) standard
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) allows users to precisely measure, synchronize, trigger, and control the operation of other vision system elements
- RS-232 and GPIO to control external devices
- GigE Vision and GenICam compliant, enabling interoperability in multi-vendor environments