10GigE Vision Connectivity for Imaging Devices
Featured Product from Pleora Technologies Inc.
Pleora’s iPORT™ NTx-Ten Embedded Video Interface hardware provides a straightforward way to integrate 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) video connectivity into cameras and imaging products.
The NTx-Ten converts video data to Ethernet packets and sends it with low, consistent latency over a 10 GigE link to receiving software or hardware. The NTx-Ten is compatible with fiber-based links via an SFP+ (small form-factor pluggable) connector, and connects easily to off-the-shelf 10 GigE components such as network cards and switches.
A sophisticated on-board programmable logic controller (PLC) and support for the IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol allows users to precisely measure, synchronize, and control the operation of other system elements. GigE Vision and GenICam are both agnostic to Ethernet link speed, which means the NTx-Ten can be combined into systems alongside GigE Vision cameras operating at 1 Gb/s, with no software modifications.
The iPORT NTx-Ten is supported by Pleora’s feature-rich eBUS™ SDK application tool kit. With this software suite, designers can rapidly prototype and deploy production-ready software to support video transmission over GigE, 10 GigE, and USB 3.0 using the same application programming interface (API).
- Supports transmission of video from up to two sensors simultaneously
- Up to 96-bit, 125 MHz parallel LVTTL/LVCMOS video input, and up to eight interleaved taps
- Line scan and area scan modes
- 120 MB frame buffer to accommodate multi-megapixel image sensors
- AutoGEV XML generation tool makes it fast and easy to create user-friendly GenICam interface
- Add metadata, such as results of image pre-processing or the exact position of a quadrature
- Updateable firmware via the 10 GigE port for ease of manufacturing and feature upgrades in the field