Analog to GigE Vision External Frame Grabber
Featured Product from Pleora Technologies Inc.
Pleora’s iPORT Analog-Pro External Frame Grabbers allow designers to treat analog cameras as native GigE Vision cameras. With these external frame grabbers, analog cameras enjoy the long-distance reach of Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) for both video and remote control, and can be mixed with native GigE Vision cameras in networked environments.
Compact and simple to integrate, Analog-Pro external frame grabbers can transmit two channels of composite (NTSC, PAL, CCIR, or RS-170) video simultaneously at up to 30 frames per second (fps) each with low, predictable latency over a GigE link. GigE supports cabling distances of up to 100 meters using standard CAT5e/6 cabling. With off-the-shelf Ethernet switches, distances can be unlimited.
The connection at the computing platform is a standard GigE port, allowing designers to reduce system size, cost, and power consumption by using smaller form factor computing platforms, such as laptops, embedded PCs, and single-board computers.
The Analog-Pro is supported by Pleora’s feature-rich eBUS™ SDK application tool kit. With this software suite, designers can rapidly prototype and deploy production-ready software to support video transmission over GigE, 10 GigE, and USB 3.0 using the same application programming interface (API).
- Transmits two independent channels of analog composite video over GigE with low, consistent latency
- Compatible with NTSC, PAL, CCIR, RS-170
- Built-in de-interlacing algorithms
- Supports square pixels
- RS-232 and GPIO to control external devices
- Available as enclosed units and OEM board sets
- GigE Vision and GenICam compliant, enabling interoperability in multi-vendor environments