Camera Link to GigE Vision External Frame Grabber
Featured Product from Pleora Technologies Inc.
Pleora’s iPORT CL-GigE External Frame Grabbers allows designers to treat Camera Link Base configuration cameras as native GigE Vision® cameras in vision systems operating in -40°C to +60°C environments.
With these external frame grabbers, Camera Link cameras can enjoy the long-distance cabling, computing platform support, and networking advantages of Gigabit Ethernet (GigE). The CL-GigE converts video data from Camera Link cameras to packets and transmits it over GigE with low, predictable latency. Cabling distances can be up to 100 meters using standard CAT5e/6 cabling, and unlimited with off-the-shelf Ethernet switches.
The connection at the computing platform is a standard GigE port, allowing designers to reduce system size, cost, and power consumption by using smaller form factor computing platforms such as laptops, embedded PCs, and single-board computers.
The iPORT CL-GigE is supported by Pleora’s feature-rich eBUS SDK application tool kit. With this software suite, designers can rapidly prototype and deploy production-ready software to support video transmission over GigE, 10 GigE, and USB 3.0 using the same application programming interface (API).
- Transmits video from Camera Link Base cameras over GigE with low, predictable latency
- Extended operating temperature range of -40°C to +60°C
- Plugs into a wide range of computing platforms without needing a PCI frame grabber
- Compact and low power
- Line scan and area scan modes
- 120 MB frame buffer to accommodate multi-mega pixel sensor sizes
- Record and playback capability
- IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol capabilities allow users to precisely control, trigger, and synchronize equipment and multiple cameras, while the GPIO minimizes effects of electrical noise
- Power over Ethernet (PoE), Power over Camera Link (PoCL) and externally powered options
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) allows users to precisely measure, synchronize, trigger, and control other vision system elements
- Bundled with Pleora’s feature-rich eBUS SDK application Toolkit