Camera Link to USB3 Vision External Frame Grabber
Featured Product from Pleora Technologies Inc.
Pleora’s iPORT CL-U3 External Frame Grabbers help designers leverage the performance attributes of USB 3.0 – including high-bandwidth output, power over cable, and computing platform choice – by converting Camera Link cameras into native USB3 Vision cameras.
With these external frame grabbers, video from Base and Medium mode Camera Link cameras is transmitted with low, predictable latency over a USB 3.0 link directly to existing ports on a broader selection of computing platforms, including laptops, embedded computers, and single-board computers. Integrated PLC and GPIO capabilities allow end-users to control, trigger and synchronize cameras and other vision system elements.
The iPORT CL-U3 External Frame Grabber family includes a range of solutions to meet specific system requirements, including products supporting extended operating temperature range, extensive GPIO functionality, and power over Camera Link (PoCL).
- Transmits video from Camera Link Base or Medium mode cameras over USB 3.0, with low, predictable latency
- Plugs into a wide range of computing platforms without needing a PCI/PCIe frame grabber
- Compact and low power
- Mountable enclosure
- Line scan and area scan modes
- 120 MB frame buffer to accommodate multi-mega pixel sensor sizes
- Throughput approaching 3 Gb/s
- Record and playback functionality
- USB3 Vision and GenICam compatible
- Power, control, and video over the same USB 3.0 cable
- Power over Camera Link (PoCL) with models CL-U3B-IND and CL-U3M-IND (external power supply required)
- Sophisticated on-board programmable logic controller (PLC) allows users to precisely measure, synchronize, trigger, and control the operation of other vision system elements