GigE Vision Connectivity for Imaging Devices
Featured Product from Pleora Technologies Inc.
Pleora's iPORT NTx-GigE Embedded Video Interface hardware provides a straightforward way to integrate GigE Vision 2.0 video connectivity into cameras, X-ray detector panels, and imaging systems.
The embedded hardware converts video data to packets at throughput approaching 1 Gbps rate and sends it with low, consistent latency over a GigE link to receiving software or hardware. The product supports the IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol to synchronize image capture functions and other system elements, enabling the exact triggering of image acquisition. Power over Ethernet (PoE) and external power options provide design flexibility, while lowering component and operating costs.
The iPORT NTx-GigE is supported by Pleora's feature-rich eBUS SDK application tool kit. With this software suite, designers can rapidly prototype and deploy production-ready software to support video transmission over GigE, 10 GigE, and USB 3.0 using the same application programming interface (API).
- Compact and low power, easily embedded in small-body cameras, flat panel X-ray detectors, and imaging systems
- Throughput approaching 1 Gbps
- Add metadata, such as results of image pre-processing or the exact position of a quadrature encoder at the time the image was captured, to each image transmitted over the GigE link
- IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol - synchronize multiple cameras and imaging devices to a network master clock with up to 1 μs (microsecond) precision
- Line scan and area scan modes
- 120 MB frame buffer to accommodate multi-mega pixel sensor sizes
- Supports both Power over Ethernet (PoE) and external-powered options
- Updateable firmware via the GigE port for easy upgrades in the field