Shipboard 2.2KVA 901D UPS Mil spec
Featured Product from Powerstar UPS Inc.
Features of the PS2201r2-SMT series Floor mount /hull mount series
There are multiple versions of the PS2201 series. Contact sales for help.
NSN 6120016524874, 6130016538842, 6130015350430, 6130014924306
(17.0"Height x 7.7"W x 21.42" deep) (432mm x196mm x 544mm)
2.2KVA /1980 watt 120V in a mini tower case / 3KVA version available too. Large 4 cell 12V/18Ahr capacity. We have 10year batteries available. We also have a 12 year battery pack available that has a 2 year shelf life without needing recharged.
2.2KVA Line interactive shipboard Δ power UPS made for hull mounting, NSN listed. This is the replacement for previous generation PS2201 series -Fit, Form, Function equivalent. Many cabinet options. The R2 and R3 sport steel front panels and stainless steel cases- great for locations that may be kicked or bumped into. This unit is made to mount to the hull and pass the MIL-S-901D/A tests. Its really rugged.
Now US Energy Star© rated
MIL-s-901D-A* SS chassis models
Mil-std-167 * SS chassis models mil 901 mil 167
MIL-Std-461 EMI † The R3 version meets mil 461 as developed with NAVAIR for ADMACS
* Many variants are ruggedized to MIL-S-901D Grade A/ MIL-STD-167 shock vibration.
304 grade stainless steel drip proof louvered cover is used on SS versions. The cabinet front panel is now stainless steel for the MIL-std-901D Grade A versions.
An easy-open EMI shielding glass hinged front door is used for the new LCD control panel. This also keeps away errant key presses.
The PS2201SS-r2 series is identical in size to the previous generation and will fit into the existing mounting foundations already installed in your ship.
This is the direct replacement Rev2 revision for the PS2200 series UPS.
PS220x series now uses APC™ brand latest electronics version, the SMT series. Networking via SNMP and PC graceful shutdown software is still compatible with your computers. The connectors and options are all customizable; Call if you need something a bit differently. We can customize for you.
- PS2204r2 120V (8)5-15r &(2)5-20r outputs, 5-20p 6 ft input cable (painted steel cover, conventional cabinet) fingerguard protected breaker
- PS2204ir2 - 230V European model (8) IEC C13 & (1)C19 outputs, C20 input. (painted steel cover, conventional cabinet) finger guard protected breaker
- PS2201SSr2-9613-ok520 NSN 6130015353654 120V OK -520 Winch Fully ruggedized stainless steel chassis Shipboard UPS tower (2 MS connectors) finger guard protected breaker
- *†PS2201SS-Grade A-6MO-6PI r3- Fully ruggedized with 6 MS output connectors & 5-20p power cord. 3EMI filters included, EMI gaskets are used. EMI shielded air vent, MU-Metal shielding internally. All seams are gasketed. As used by NAVAIR and ADMACS (shown)
- * PS2201r2SSA-2mo Grade A W/MIL In-Out r2 Fully ruggedized with(2) Mil Spec outputs (1) MS3102r16-10p input
- * PS2201-SS-GradeA-r2 Fully ruggedized 5-20p input & (2) MS outputs & (6) 5-15r
- * PS2201r2-SS Grade A W/AP9617 Fully ruggedized (2) MS outputs & (8) 5-15r Includes PS9630 networking card
- * PS2201-SS Grade A W/AP9610 Fully ruggedized with (2) MS3102R16-10S (6) 5-15R and PS9613 dry contact card
- PS2201r2SS-2Mo NSN 6130015350430 2 EMI filters, stainless cabinet, 2 Military MS outputs. MIL input. Includes mate connectors for cables. Built to MILS901D/a
New! LCD easy to understand written text readout on front panel showing Status and Alarms
Line Interactive type UPS wired for Delta power
Dual pole circuit breaker with finger guard-No fuses to try to find while at sea
Auto Boost and Buck voltage trim AVR without using Inverter - And a Green mode that removes the AVR circuit to increase efficiency when the voltage is within a proper range.
Smart UPS tests itself and batteries periodically (2 weeks is default)
Auto restart after a full run upon utility restoration: This can be delayed via programming to reduce generator startup load
Cold Start capable- Use this as a portable AC power source
Hot swappable batteries through the front panel
Cold Start without battery pack is a new feature in the SMT series. The battery pack may be failed, removed, damaged etc and the UPS will still Cold Start and pass power to the outlets.
Premium battery 'h' series -20°C to +50°C 8-10 year life flame retardant available option
NEW!! eXtreme series 2 year shelf life, -40°C to +60°C charge rating, 12 year life @25°C flame retardant battery option. Everyone should be switching to this Long Life Rugged cell.
Output Power Capacity 1980Watts / 2200 VA
Nominal Output Voltage 120V; 220V, 230V, 240V configurable for i MODEL
Output Voltage Distortion Less than 5% at full load - This UPS is 98% efficient @ Full load Energy STAR
Output Frequency (sync to mains) 47 - 53 Hz for 50 Hz nominal, 57 - 63 Hz for 60 Hz nominal
Outlets are normally wired ON, however as an option, we can offer 2 Switchable Outlet Groups to allow you to shut off output power for a few seconds to restart "stuck" electronics. This can be controlled remotely via Ethernet if optional Net card is added. Warning! The Switchable Outlet groups break only one side of the line. This control should not be considered as a safety feature.
(Add our PS9630 Ethernet card for long distance controllability.)
Crest Factor up to 5: 1 Waveform Type Full Sine wave
Default Output Connections (6) NEMA 5-15r & (2)5-20r NOTE: We also can upgrade with Military style connectors.
Input voltage range for main operations 82 - 144V; i model 160-286v
Input voltage adjustable range for mains operation 75 - 154V; i model 151-302v
Transfer Time 2-4 ms (less than 1/8 of cycle) Your equipment will not notice this transfer .
Batteries & Runtime
Battery Type Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte: leak proof
Typical recharge time 3 hour(s)
Typical Backup Time @ ½ Load 25 minutes (980 Watts)
Typical Backup Time @ Full Load 8.7 minutes (1980 Watts)
Typical Backup Time @ 850 Watts= 30 minutes
Std. Replacement Battery PSRBC55 Typical life expectancy @75°F= 3-5 years
Premium 'h series' battery PSrbc55h life expectancy @75°F= 8-10years and temp rating of -20°C+50°C. 9 month shelf life
NEW! eXtreme battery now available. X series 2 year shelf life (-40°C to +60°C) rating with 10-12year life@75°F. Please inquire about these incredible new cells.
(1) USB serial control: Windows ™XP and above will recognize this UPS when they are attached with USB and Windows™ will configure itself with its own drivers for graceful shutdown and UPS operation. Powerchute™ Software also provided for UNIX, Linux, Windows.
(1) RS232 S20 port Note: this RS232 S20 port is a new generation port and is not fully compatible with previous generation software. DB9 dongle is supplied. Dumb signaling not supported
(1) SmartSlot The SmartSlot™ option port is used for:
- · PS9630 SNMP Ethernet Network card
- · PS9631 Do-it-all card. Environmental monitor /SNMP/ Dry contacts card. This card can have an AP9335TH external temperature and humidity probe attached.
- · PS9613 multi I/O control card. Replaces 9610 card . Dry contact switching for Both inputs and outputs. Dumb signaling (Hi /LO) capable. Screw terminations are done on card then card is inserted and the connections are protected inside the cabinet. Monitor external devices (or control them) with this card.
- · PS9620 DB9 RS232 port supports previous generation Powerchute™. Dumb signaling supported
(1) EPO Emergency Power Off (EPO)port is standard- Shutdown the UPS output with a low voltage, low current NO/NC switch. (e.g., fire / smoke detector alarm sensor, or panic button)
2 Line LCD written word status display front panel with predictive battery failure, load and battery information. Also the LCD can display the menus while programming the UPS.
Buttons are [ON/OFF ] [ ESCape ] [ Cursor ^ ] [ Cursor v ] [ ENTER ]
The LCD can show:
• Operating mode
• Switched Outlet status, On or Off
• Efficiency of the UPS
• Information about the load
• Battery capacity
• Estimated runtime
• Input and output voltage and frequency
• Information about the last transfer to battery power
• Self-test results
• Energy meter
• Load current
• Status of the Switched Outlet Group
• Battery voltage
Top row LED lamp indicators On Line: On Battery: Replace Battery: and Overload/ Fault Indicators
Audible BEEP Alarm -Alarm when on battery: distinctive low battery alarm: configurable delays: any key press disables beeping reminders until new alarm is set.
Surge energy rating 365 Joules
Filtering- Full time multi-pole noise filtering: 0.3% IEEE surge let-through: zero clamping response time: meets UL 1449
Dimensions (PS220x Tower)
Height 17.00"inches (432 mm) Width 7.7 inches (195.6mm) Depth 21.42 inches (544mm)
Net Weight 108 lbs. (48.8kg)
Shipping Weight 134 lbs. (61 kg); Height 27.5 inches(699mm), Width 15 inches(381mm) Depth 30 inches (762mm); Units per pallet=6
Color- Gun Metal Black / (Stainless covers on SS are unpainted and they beautiful!)
Mounting foundation optional:
Steel Base plate and metal straps with hardware are available for hull mounting. The thick steel foundation can be bolted or welded to the hull or deck. Padded metal hoops hold unit in place. Shock tested.
32 - 104 °F (0 - 40 °C) (battery dependent) This can be -20°to +50°C with our Premium h battery or,
-40°+60°C with the X battery
Operating Relative Humidity 0 - 95%
Operating Elevation 0-10000 feet (0-3000 meters)
Storage Temperature 5 - 113 °F (-15 - 45 °C)
Storage Relative Humidity 0 - 95%
Storage Elevation 0-50000 feet (0-15000 meters)
Audible noise at 1 meter from surface of unit: 45.00 dBA
Online Thermal Dissipation: 275 BTU /hr
2 year warranty on parts and Labor
RoHS compliant ,REACH: Contains No SVHCs
The Basic electronics package met these specs before Powerstar modified the Unit:
CSA, FCC Part 15 Class A,UL 1778, US Energy STAR
PS2200i Tower C-tick,CE,EN 50091-1,EN 50091-2,VDE
Tcarr925 @gmail.com +1-925-270-0970 Western US, international
powerstar1 @aol.com 1-855-252-5253 US