External Supermicrometer PC
Featured Product from Pratt & Whitney Measurement Systems, Inc.
The Standard of Accuracy
New from Pratt & Whitney, a computer based bench micrometer and direct reading external measuring system designed for high accuracy gage calibration and part measurement. The fourth generation Supermicrometer PC has arrived and includes a USB interface with integral digital readout in the software. The Supermicrometer is the most popular bench micrometer in the world that can measure just about any manufactured precision OD part, turned part, or gages such as pins, plugs, and threads including API, NPT, NPTF, Dryseal, BSPP, BSPT, UN (Unified), M Profile (Metric), ACME, Buttress, UTS, UNC, UNF, UNEF, UNS, BSW (Whitworth), BA, BSC, BSF, BSP, to name a few.
The External Supermicrometer®Model PC measures:
- Your Precision Parts
- Pin & Plug Gages
- External Thread Gages
- Dial / Test Indicators
- Taper Threads - Pipe Threads (API Gages)
- Dial Bore Gages
- Cylindrical Setting Gages
- Setting Masters / Setting Gauges
- Taps, Dies, and Cutting Tools
- Gears / Splines
- Feeler Gages
Features & Benefits of the External Supermicrometer®Model PC
- Computer based - Your choice of a desktop or laptop computer
- Digital module - Divides the measurement into 0.000001 inch (0.025 micron) increments for high resolution
- GageCal® PC control software (included) - Microsoft® Windows based software reduces data entry, eliminates transcription errors, and speeds up measurements for your bench micrometer. GageCal automatically enters tolerances for plugs, pins, balls, threads (calculates pitch/major diameter) and flags out-of-tolerance conditions.
- USB Box (included) - latest technology for computer interface
- Two Point Calibration - Mastering with two, NIST traceable blocks, allows continuous, accurate measurement over the full direct reading range. This provides significantly higher levels of productivity when compared to single point comparators or bench micrometers.
- Heavy-duty cylindrical bed - Chromium-plated cylinder ensures long life and performance integrity and the rack and pinion drive eliminates movement during the measuring cycle
- Adjustable pressure tailstock - Exclusive Electrolimit® tailstock offers adjustable pressure from 2 to 48 ounces (50 to 1350 g) for reliability and optimum performance
- Calibrated analog meter - Establishes the reference zero for taking direct measurements
- Carbide-tipped measuring spindles - Non-rotating measuring spindles have long life, corrosion-free lapped anvils, and are calibrated to ultra finish and precision
- Elevating table (included) - Adjustability allows for presentation of the part to the instrument in a non-influencing manner
Pratt & Whitney Measurement Systems
Pratt & Whitney Measurement Systems is a global supplier of ultra-precision metrology instruments, inspection gaging systems, and length measuring machines. Our comparator instruments incorporate the latest in laser and sensor technology allowing for fast and accurate measurements. Industry applications span across a wide range including, but not limited to: aerospace components, automotive parts, medical devices, thin film materials, roller bearings (tapered, cylindrical, spherical, needle), transducers, optical components, semiconductor devices, gear-spline-thread assemblies.
Calibration laboratory applications include: gage blocks, internal and external threads, national pipe threads (NPT), cylindrical plugs, pin gages, ring gages, dial / test indicators, length standards, taper gages, micrometers, calipers, snap gages, disc masters, API gages, thread wires, bore gauges, and your precision parts. Accredited by A2LA to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 (cert# 2629.01).