Integrated Front End Module (FEM) for Wi-Fi 802
Featured Product from Qorvo
The Qorvo QPF4228 is an integrated front end module (FEM) designed for Wi-Fi 802.11ax systems. The compact form factor and integrated matching minimizes layout area in the application.
Performance is focused on optimizing the PA for a 3.3 V supply voltage that conserves power consumption while maintainingthe highest linear output power and leading edge throughput. Receive path matches the optimal technologies to maximize Rx sensitivity through noise figure performance that is consistent over a wider variety of conditions. Integrated die level filtering for 2nd and 3rd harmonics as well as 5 GHz rejection for DBDC operation are included.
There are two options for power detect, a DC power detector which has voltage output and an RF power detector with an RF output from a directional coupler.
The QPF4228 integrates a 2.4 GHz power amplifier (PA), regulator, single pole three throw switch (SP3T), low noise amplifier (LNA) and coupler into a single device and DC power detector into a single device
- POUT = +14 dBm MCS11 HE40 - 43 dB Dynamic EVM
- POUT = +17 dBm MCS9 VHT40 - 35 dB Dynamic EVM
- POUT = +18 dBm MCS7 HT20/40 - 30 dB Dynamic EVM
- POUT = +21 dBm MCS0 HT20 Spectral Mask Compliance
- Optimized for +3.3 V Operation
- 33?dB Tx Gain
- 2.2 dB Noise Figure
- 15 dB Rx Gain & 7 dB Bypass Loss
- 15 dB 5 GHz Rejection on Rx Path
- Integrated DC & RF Power Detectors