Webinar: Solutions for IES/LDT File Creation
Featured Product from Radiant Vision Systems
Luminous intensity data is critical for lighting design. Captured in photometric data files, luminous intensity data enables lighting designers to observe the total output and angular spread of a light source. IES and EULUMDAT (LDT) are the two standard file formats used for electronic transfer of photometric data. To create IES and LDT files, designers have their choice of systems. Traditionally, goniophotometers have been used to generate very accurate photometric data, but these systems require very large lab spaces and expensive equipment. An alternative solution uses a near-field measurement system, which can generate equally accurate data with minimal lab space, increased speed, and lower cost.
In this webinar, Radiant Applications Engineer Austin Piehl presents solutions for creating IES and LDT files and demonstrates the process of analyzing light measurement data and exporting these files using Radiant’s PM-NFMS™ Software. Topics include:
- Solutions for IES and LDT file creation, from conventional goniophotometry to near-field measurement systems
- The process of collecting light measurement data
- Types of data acquired: comparing near- and far-field data
- Applications of Radiant’s ProMetric® Near-Field Measurement System (PM-NFMS)
- Considerations for the LM-79 method
An audience Q&A follows a presentation and demonstration of Radiant’s PM-NFMS Software for IES and LDT file generation.