The RC3000, 3G Modem
Featured Product from Radicom Research, Inc.
Designed for the global marketplace, the RC3000 is a
quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and dual-band UMTS/HSDPA modem that works on
frequencies of GSM 850MHz, EGSM 900MHz, DCS 1800MHz, PCS 1900MHz and
WCDMA 2100/900MHz, 2100/850MHz or 1900/850MHz. It supports the following
radio band configurations.
The GSM3000 supports GPRS Class 10 packet-switched data at speeds up to 85.6kbps. It also supports GSM circuit-switched data (CSD) connections up to 14.4kbps. The CSD cellular connections are ideal for applications that require a quick wireless replacement of an existing point-to-point analog dial-up connection.
The RC3000 is internet-enabled. Utilizing Internet protocols and wireless connection to an IP network, it can send and receive data over the Internet.
The RC3000 WCDMA modem is available with RS232 or USB interfaces to address your applications needs. It provides standard AT commands for
ease of integration into your existing software application. The modem is in the process of PTCRB certification and global RF approvals.
- Quad-band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- WCDMA, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, CSD and HSDPA data transfer support
- Internet, Voice, Fax, TCP/IP services
- GPS mode: mobile-assisted, mobile-based, standalone
- SIM identity card: 1.8V, 3V support
- Short Message Services (SMS)
- Low power outputs, 2 W for GSM900; 1W for DSC1800 or PCS1900
- Power requirement: 5VDC by USB, RS232 or TTL
- USB2.0, UART/RS232, SPI, I2C, GPIO, ADC and PCM support
- Support USB2.0 Slave mode
- USB drivers for Windows 2000/XP/Vista and Linux
- SMA connector, GPS connector and SIM card slot available
- eCall ready
- Housed in rugged aluminum alloy extrusion casing, desktop or panel mountable
- Small size, measuring 2.3" x 2.3" x 1.1" (H), 4 oz.
- -30°C to +80°C operating temperature
- RoHS compliant
- FCC, CE, PTCRB certifications (pending)
- RS232 2x5 pins D connector
- USB Type B mini connector
- SMA GSM antenna connector
- GPS antenna connector
- SIM connector
- Mic & speaker audio jacks
- Remote control by AT commands
- Power supply through USB or RS232 (optional TTL)
- Remote data logging and report
- Automatic meter reading (AMR)
- Automated machine-to-machine (M2M)
- Fleet / Traffic management
- Mobile or fixed internet connectivity
- Security systems
- Remote medical, environmental monitoring
- Remote monitoring of vending machines