WaveFarer Automotive Radar Simulation Software
Featured Product from Remcom (USA)
WaveFarer® is a high-fidelity radar simulator for drive scenario modeling at frequencies up to and beyond 79 GHz. Near-field propagation and scattering methods compute raw radar returns from target objects while considering multi-path interactions from ground reflections and other structures.
Antenna design, sensor placement, and target identification algorithms can be evaluated against NCAP test scenarios using WaveFarer. OEM and Tier 1 suppliers use the simulated raw radar returns to understand a radar’s ability to perform elevation measurements, identify targets, and separate objects.
WaveFarer’s features enable fast and accurate analysis of repeatable drive test scenarios.
- Near-field propagation method Calculate scattering off target surfaces, including multi-path interactions with ground reflections, using ray-tracing algorithms and physics-based calculations.
- Targeted ray casting Efficiently produce high-fidelity returns from a target.
- Dynamic scenario Apply movement to radar sensors, target vehicles, and other scatterers.
- User defined antennas Import measured or simulated radiation patterns.
- Shared platform with XFdtd Integrated solution promotes productivity.