100V, 4A Half-Bridge N-Channel MOSFET Drivers
Featured Product from Renesas Electronics Corporation
The ISL78424, ISL78434, and ISL78444 are Automotive Grade (AEC-Q100 Grade 1) high voltage, high frequency, half-bridge NMOS FET drivers for driving the gates of up to 70V half-bridge topologies.
The family of half-bridge drivers feature 3A sourcing, 4A sinking peak gate drive current. The ISL78424 and ISL78444 feature a single tri-level PWM input for controlling both gate drivers. The ISL78434 has dual independent inputs for controlling the high-side and low-side driver separately. The ISL78424 and ISL78434 have independent sourcing and sinking pins for each gate driver while ISL78444 has a single combined sourcing/sinking output for each gate driver.
Strong gate drive strength and the Adaptive Dead Time (ADT) feature allow this family of drivers to switch high voltage, low rDS(ON) power FETs in half-bridge topologies at high operating frequencies while providing shoot-through protection and minimizing dead time switching losses.
The ISL78424, ISL78434, and ISL78444 are offered in a 14 Ld HTSSOP package that complies with 100V conductor spacing per IPC-2221B. The ISL78444 is pin compatible with the ISL78420. All devices are specified across a wide ambient temperature range of -40°C to +140°C.
Key Features of ISL78424, ISL78434 and ISL78444:
- 3A sourcing / 4A sinking output current
- Tri-level PWM input (ISL78424 and ISL78444)
- Independent HI/LI inputs (ISL78434)
- Separate source/sink pins at driver outputs (ISL78424 and ISL78434)
- Wide supply voltage range operates from 8V to 18V
- On-chip 3? bootstrap FET switch eliminates need for external Schottky diode
- Adaptive dead time control and programmable dead time delay with single resistor
- AEC-Q100 Grade-1 qualified and specified for operation from -40°C to +140°C