AEC-Q100, 55V Synchronous Boost Controllers
Featured Product from Renesas Electronics Corporation
Highly Integrated 55V Sync Boost Controllers Enable Smaller, More Robust Designs
Intersil’s ISL78227/29 2-phase synchronous boost controllers help simplify the design of your high voltage automotive applications. Operating from a 12V battery supply, the AEC-Q100 qualified controllers efficiently boost the output voltage to 24V, 36V or 48V.
The robust ISL78227/29 devices offer >95% efficiency and multiple protection features to enable operation under virtually any condition.
- Provides input/output voltage from 5V to 55V, and withstands transients up to 60V
- Supports synchronous or standard boost topology, and uses peak current mode control for fast line response with adjustable slope compensation
- Configurable for single phase, 2-phase and 4-phase operation, enabling high efficiency
- Adjustable switching frequency from 50kHz to 1.1MHz, and external synchronization
- Two layers of over-current protection prevents inductor current run-away system damage
- Integrated high-side and low-side MOSFET drivers