Automotive LiFePO4 Battery Charger
Featured Product from Renesas Electronics Corporation
Battery Charger Extends Backup Battery Life of Automotive eCall Systems
Renesas' ISL78693 single-cell battery charger extends the life of Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries used in automotive emergency call (eCall) systems. The battery charger offers up to 4x lower leakage current (3µA) than competitive chargers, allowing the eCall backup battery to remain charged for a longer period of time.
The ISL78693’s battery temperature monitoring and low 3.6V output voltage helps safeguard and extend the life of popular LiFePO4 batteries.
- Reverse battery leakage of 700nA (typ) and 3µA (max) over -40°C to +85°C increases duration the backup battery remains charged when Vin supply is off
- Up to 1A programmable charging current allows trade-off of battery charging time against heat dissipation and expected battery lifetime
- Accepts Constant Current/Constant Voltage (CC/CV) types of voltage adapters or USB power
- Guaranteed operation down to 2.65V after start-up
- 3mm x 3mm DFN package, AEC-Q100 Grade-3 qualified