Fully Encapsulated 50A Digital Power Module
Featured Product from Renesas Electronics Corporation
The ISL8272M digital power module is a complete step-down power supply capable of delivering up to 50A of output current from industry standard 12V or 5V input power rails. The easy-to-use ISL8272M provides PMBus-enabled point-of-load conversions for advanced FPGAs, ASICs, processors and memory in space-constrained and power-dense telecom and datacom applications.
Used in conjunction with Intersil’s PowerNavigator™ GUI, the highly-integrated ISL8272M simplifies system power conversion and configuration, while speeding design time.
- 50A output current power supply with current sharing, multi-phase and multi-modules support for up to 200A power rails
- PMBus-enabled for full system configuration, telemetry and monitoring of all conversions and operating parameters
- Output voltage range of 0.6V to 5V
- Up to 96% conversion efficiency with 1% output voltage accuracy
- ChargeMode™ control architecture: compensation-free design, eliminating the need for stability testing; single clock cycle transient response
- Compact 18mm x 23mm x 7.5mm, thermally-enhanced HDA package simplifies thermal management, solution positioning and PCB routing