Scalable Single Output Digital Controllers
Featured Product from Renesas Electronics Corporation
Scalable Digital Controllers Simplify Power Supply Design
The Renesas ISL68300/01 digital DC/DC controllers provide single output POL conversions for FPGAs, DSPs, ASICs, network processors and general purpose system rails. The ISL68300 with integrated MOSFET drivers can drive discrete external MOSFETs, while the ISL68301 with PWM output can be paired with Renesas’ smart power stages or DrMOS power stages to create a complete voltage regulator solution.
The PMBus™-compliant ISL68300 and ISL68301 digital controllers feature a high-speed current share bus that parallels up to eight controllers in an 8-phase 240A+ current share configuration. Both controllers implement Renesas’ digital ChargeMode™ control modulation, which responds to load transients in a single switching cycle, and provides an inherently stable control loop without requiring external compensation. This modulation architecture significantly reduces output capacitor requirements and minimizes Vout undershoot and overshoot.
- Output voltage range of 0.45V to 5.5V
- Input voltage range of 4.75V to 16V or 4.5V to 5.5V
- 0.5% output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Switching frequency range of 200kHz to 1.0MHz
- Nonvolatile memory stores operating parameters and records telemetry fault events
- Full PowerNavigator™ GUI support