Half-bridge gate-drive power supply ref design
Featured Product from Richardson RFPD
RECOM Power's Half-Bridge Gate-Drive Power Supply Reference Design (RD) consists of a half-bridge suitable for voltages up to 1kV and a fully-isolated driver stage with isolated power supplies for the low-side and the high-side switching transistors. It is suitable for single gate/drive supply voltages as low as +4V as well as dual gate drive supply voltages as high as +20V / -5V (30V max) with no maximum duty cycle limitations.
Two R12P22005D, R12P21503D, R12P21509D and R12P06S DC/DC modules each are included in the R-REF01-HB design kit.
NOTE: transistors sold separately.
The signal ground is galvanically isolated from the power ground and can be connected to any potential, as long as it is less than 2.5kV with respect to the power potential (high-side and low-side). The limiting element is the gate driver IC specification.
• Optimized for very high switching speed
• 2.5kV continuous input to output isolation
• High gate-drive currents (up to 10A source and sink)
• The RD is fitted with a SI8273 gate driver, but can be used with any pin-compatible gate driver with a PWM input (SI8274) or for gate driver ICs with reinforced isolation, for example the UCC21520 (dual pinout layout on PCB).
This RD can easily be configured for the following topologies (see application suggestions section):
• LLC half-bridge
• Asymmetric duty cycle half-bridge (forward and flyback)
• Active clamp half-bridge (forward and flyback)
• Full-bridge / phase-shifted full-bridge
• 3-phase B6 bridge
• NPC B6 bridge (additional driving circuit for NPC is required)
• Double pulse test
• Synchronous boost converter
• Synchronous buck converter