Wolfspeed SiC Buck-Boost Evaluation Kit
Featured Product from Richardson RFPD
The KIT-CRD-3DD12P buck boost evaluation kit is optimized to demonstrate the high-speed switching capability of Wolfspeed’s 3rd Generation (C3M) silicon carbide (SiC) MOSFETs. The board features SMA connectors for monitoring the gate to source voltage. The SMA connectors offer much cleaner waveforms than traditional probes and ground leads.
This evaluation kit supports 4-lead and 3-lead TO-247 package MOSFETs as well as diodes in TO-247 and TO-220 packages. The kit contains everything needed including a heatsink, thermal interface, inductor, hardware, etc. as well as two Wolfspeed C3M MOSFETs to allow the user to begin testing within minutes of unpackaging the kit.
- Evaluate and optimize steady state and high speed switching performance of Wolfspeed C3MTM SiC MOSFETs and Schottky diodes
- Analyze the evaluation board in versatile power conversion topologies, such as Synchronous / Asynchronous Buck or Boost converter, Half Bridge and Full Bridge (Please note: Full Bridge topology requires 2 Evaluation Kits)
- Board features footprints for both 3 and 4 lead TO-247 packages of C3MTM SiC MOSFETs
- Compatible with both TO-247 and TO-220 packages of SiC Schottky diodes
- Does not require an additional capacitor to run the evaluation board in the buck or boost converter topologies
- Two (2) dedicated gate drivers available on the board for each C3MTM SiC MOSFET
- Includes (2) 1200 V, 75m? C3MTM SiC MOSFETs in a TO-247-4 Package with the testing hardware