Wireless Machine Condition Sensor
Service Detail from SKF/North America
The SKF Wireless Machine Condition Sensor combines a sensor, data collector and radio into one compact, battery-operated device that measures both vibration and temperature data. This unique system, which is approved for use in hazardous areas requiring ATEX Zone 0 certification, provides an ideal balance-of-plant monitor, wirelessly transmitting both static and dynamic data to the SKF @ptitude Monitoring Suite software.
The SKF Wireless Machine Condition Sensor uses the WirelessHART™ communication protocol, offering a simple, reliable and secure means of expanding condition based maintenance into plant areas where the cost to install wired systems is prohibitive, making data available to existing process control and information systems. To overcome wireless communication obstacles, sensors can be configured to operate as router nodes, allowing them to relay data from other sensors.
• Communicates using the IEC 62591-WirelessHART standard
• Easily connects to existing WirelessHART systems
• Measures and processes general machine vibration, bearing specific vibration (using SKF Acceleration Enveloping technology), and temperature data
• ATEX Zone 0 certified
• Low power operation and multi-year battery life
• Interfaces with SKF @ptitude Suite for full predictive maintenance