Prevent Locomotive Accidents with PTC Sensors
Featured Product from Smith Systems, Inc.
Prevent Locomotive Accidents with PTC (Positive Train Control) Sensors
Smith Systems, Inc. offers rugged and reliable sensors for PTC (Positive Train Control) Systems.
- The housing is created from stainless steel and provides a closing sensing end.
- The cables are protected with tubing, stainless steel flex or rubber.
- The sensors are also supplied with molded strain relieves for additional cable protections.
- The connectors are standard bayonet which provide a quick and reliable connection in your appliecatication.
- A standard PTC sensor provides four outputs for your use.
- A set of outputs provide quadrature signals that can be used in determining the speed and direction of a rotating target.
- A third output supplies a direction of rotation signal.
- The fourth output is a separate isolated signal used for speed detection.
- All speed signals operate down to zero speed.
- The sensors can be powered by a supply voltage between 7.5 and 24 volts.
Contact us today for more details and expert techncial support