Custom Medical Grade Silicone Sheeting
Featured Product from Trelleborg Sealing Solutions
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions manufactures custom sheeting from both high consistency silicone rubber (HCR) and liquid silicone rubber (LSR) through knife coating and HCR calendaring processes. Our silicone sheeting is latex-free and can be laminated to many substrates for a variety of medical uses.
All sheeting and film production is carried out in Class 10,000/ISO 7 cleanrooms and is ISO 13485 certified.
Silicone sheets serve a variety of medical uses:
- Discs punched from vulcanized elastomeric sheets are key components in various types of valve assemblies
- Mesh-reinforced sheeting is integrated as sewing rings on artificial heart valves
- Laminated sheeting containing both vulcanized and unvulcanized layers is used to seal tissue expanders and mammary devices
- Our knife coating technology is used to produce custom dermal adhesive gel products for wound management and scar reduction applications
Silicone Sheeting Characteristics
- Available in LSR and vulcanized and unvulcanized HCR materials
- Reinforced and non-reinforced options available
- May be bonded to itself or synthetics (polyester tricot)
- Easily cut to desired shape
- Autoclavable without changes in consistency, softness, or other inherent properties
- Biologically active fluids have little or no effect on the sheeting
- Excellent biocompatibility, as evidenced by USP Class VI clearance
Trelleborg’s Unique and Pioneering Sheeting Capabilities
Different silicone elastomer materials for demanding applications in a variety of thicknesses.
Custom silicone micro sheeting can be supplied in thicknesses as low as 0.002 inch / 0.0508 mm in usable widths up to 20 inches / 508 mm. Micro sheeting is available vulcanized and can be supplied bulk-spooled, punched, or cut to length on a protective carrier and cover sheet. Micro sheeting is made from Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) or silicone dispersion.
Custom gel sheeting can be provided with a low, medium, or high tack, ideal for applications such as scar and wound management. Gel sheeting can be supplied bulk spooled, or cut to length on a protective carrier and cover sheet. Gel sheeting is also offered coated on a layer of LSR sheeting or spandex fabric.
Unvulcanized HCR Sheeting
Customer silicone sheeting can be supplied in the uncured state for secondary assembly or molding operations. Unvulcanized sheets are made from High Consistency Rubber (HCR) peroxide cure system and are supplied cut to length as flat sheets to prevent distortion, or punched on a protective carrier.
Customer vulcanized silicone sheeting is made from Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) or High Consistency Rubber (HCR) platinum cure system. LSR sheeting can be supplied bulk spooled, punched, or cut to length on a protective carrier and cover sheet. HCR sheeting can be supplied punched, or cut to length on a protective carrier and cover sheet.