Hydraulic Rod Seals
Featured Product from Trelleborg Sealing Solutions
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions offers a wide range of hydraulic rod seals that provide the ultimate in protection from ingress of media. This includes O-Ring energized Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) seals, polyurethane (PU) U-Cups, and many more. Our proprietary rod seal designs meet users’ requirements for low friction, compact form and simple installation.
Rod seals are used in hydraulic cylinders for fluid sealing. They are external to the cylinder head and seal against the cylinder’s rod, preventing leakage of fluid from within the cylinder to the outside.
A hydraulic rod seal is usually manufactured in our Turcon® PTFE based material or Zurcon® polyurethane. Specially engineered for fluid power applications, these compounds provide exceptional resistance to wear and outstanding extrusion properties. Options are available that are compatible with virtually all media and demonstrate unrivalled temperature performance.
Rod Seals Resources
- Use our CAD Service to download seal profiles direct to your CAD drawings
- Watch our films:
- Turcon Stepseal V: Hydraulic cylinder rod seals with pressure-relief function
- Seals for high pressure cylinders: Zurcon® Buffer Seal film
- Hydraulic U-Cup rod seal: Zurcon® U-Cup RU9
- Explore our e-Learning program on sealing technology: