GMP251/252 Carbon Dioxide Probes
Featured Product from Vaisala
The Vaisala CARBOCAP® Carbon Dioxide Probe GMP251 is an intelligent, stand-alone, %-level probe for measuring CO2 in life science incubators, cold storage facilities, fruit and vegetable transportation, and in all demanding applications where stable and accurate percentage-level CO2 measurements are needed. The operating temperature range is -40 … +60 °C and the measurement range is 0 … 20%CO2.
The GMP251 is based on Vaisala’s unique,second-generation CARBOCAP® technology that enables exceptional stability. A new type of infrared (IR) light source is used instead of the traditional incandescent light bulb, which extends the lifetime of the GMP251. It has full temperature and pressure compensations of CO2 measurement – integrated temperature measurement for compensation purposes. The sensor head is heated to prevent condensation. Digital output over RS-485: Modbus & Vaisala Industrial Protocol. A calibration certificate is always included with the product
The GMP251 probe is part of the Indigo product family and can also be connected to the Indigo 200 Series transmitters to extend its features, for example, for a display or relays.
The GMP251 can also be used with with the free Insight PC Software.
For spot-checking, the ideal choice is the Handheld CO2 Meter GM70.
The GMP251 replaces the following discontinued products: GMM221 and GMT221. Please note that spare parts and accessories for the GMP221 probe are still available and can be purchased in the Vaisala online store.
- Measurement range 0 … 20 %CO?
- Intelligent, stand-alone probe with analog (V, mA) and digital (RS485) outputs
- Superior long-term stability with the 2nd-gen proprietary CARBOCAP® technology
- Wide operating temperature range -40 … +60 °C
- IP65 classified housing
- Full temperature and pressure compensations
- Integrated temperature measurement for CO? compensation purposes
- Compensations for background gases, O?, and humidity
- Sensor head heated to prevent condensation