Sanitary Compact Refractometer PR-23-A
Featured Product from Vaisala
Vaisala Sanitary Refractometer PR-23-A enables accurate in-line Brix and concentration measurements and control in dairy, liquid food and beverage applications. The 3-A sanitary certified refractometers are ideal for hygienic processing, where in-line monitoring and control can help to improve product quality and reduce costs.
Sanitary compact refractometer PR-23-AC model for installation in pipeline sizes of 2.5 inch and smaller. The sensor is angle mounted in the outer corner of the pipe bend directly or through a flow cell, a Sanitary clamp or a Varivent® connection.
Sanitary probe refractometer PR-23-AP for installation in large pipes, tanks, cookers, crystallizers and kettles and for higher temperatures up to 150°C (300 °F). The sensor is installed in the pipe line or vessel through 2.5 inch or 4 inch Sanitary clamp.
Sanitary flush mounted refractometer PR-23-APP for hygienic installations in cookers, cooling crystallizers and other vessels that have scrapers or mixers. The PR-23-APP sensor is installed through an APV Tank bottom flange. The sensor can also be installed through a steam jacket.
The measurement range of the refractometer covers the full range of 0-100 Brix. The typical accuracy is ± 0.1 Brix, and the measurement is automatically temperature compensated. Low and high concentration alarms can be configured. Because of the digital sensing technology, even large amounts of suspended solids, bubbles or color changes do not affect the measurement or the accuracy.
Each sensor is provided with a calibration certificate comparing a set of standard liquids to the actual sensor output. The calibration and accuracy can be verified on-site with the certified Refractive Index liquids and Vaisala's documented procedure.
- Universal calibration of each sensor: All sensors are freely interchangeable.
- Full measurement range Refractive Index (nD) 1.3200 – 1.5300, which corresponds to 0-100 Brix.
- Is 3-A sanitary certified
- Withstands CIP and SIP cleaning.
- Dual connectivity: one transmitter can operate two sensors. A second sensor can be easily integrated later.
- Completely digital system: particles and bubbles do not affect operation or accuracy.
- CORE-optics: no drift, no re-calibration, no mechanical adjustments.
- Ethernet connection and remote panel for data-logging and remote operation.
- Effective heat transfer and isolation using Teflon® and ceramics in the sensor provide safe operation also in higher process temperatures (max. 130 °C/ 266 °F).
- Fast process temperature measurement by built-in Pt1000 and automatic temperature compensation.
- Easy on-site instrument verification within users’ own quality assurance system with standard Refractive Index liquids.