Sanitary Refractometer PR-43-A
Featured Product from Vaisala
Different user interface options range from a rugged, multichannel, industrial computer to a compact lightweight and a web-based version, and allow the user to select the most preferred way to access and use the refractometer measurement and diagnostics data.
The PR-43-A refractometer is designed to meet the needs of hygienic installations in small pipe line sizes of 2.5 inch and smaller. The PR-43-AC refractometer is installed in the pipe bend. It is angle mounted in the outer corner of the pipe bend directly or through a flow cell with a sanitary clamp or a Varivent® connection. This way the best flow conditions and self-cleaning effect can be achieved. The user interface of the refractometer can be installed locally in the field, remotely in the control room or in both locations by connecting several user interfaces in a network.
- Universal calibration of each sensor: All sensors are freely interchangeable.
- Full measurement range Refractive Index (nD) 1.3200 – 1.5300, which corresponds to 0-100 Brix.
- Sanitary 3-A approved and EHEDG certified to meet the highest hygiene requirements of food production.
- Withstands CIP and SIP processes and cleaning and rinsing of facilities.
- Completely digital system: particles and bubbles do not affect operation or accuracy.
- Patented CORE-optics: no drift, no re-calibration, no mechanical adjustments.
- PR-43-A Refractometer has a built-in web server with an instrument homepage. The homepage allows for configuring, monitoring, verifying and diagnosing the refractometer via an Ethernet connection.
- Effective heat transfer and isolation using Teflon® and ceramics in the refractometer provide safe operation also in higher process temperatures (max. 130 °C/266 °F).
- Fast process temperature measurement by built-in Pt1000 and automatic temperature compensation.
- Easy on-site instrument verification within users’ own quality assurance system and standard Refractive Index liquids.