Bolt Driving System for Rapid Automation
Featured Product from Visumatic Industrial Products
Bolt Driving System Provides Capability for Rapid Automation Deployment
A beam clamp manufacturer began the process of fully automating their assembly process. They approached Visumatic to provide the feed an drive componentry for their machine build group.
The application was to feed and drive, one per cycle, a 3/8" x 1.5" long square head bolt to a required depth. The depth tolerance was fairly liberal at +/- 3 thread. Visumatic was able to use our standard on-board slide position sensor array to verify each drive depth.
The Beam Clamp assembly consisted of a stamped metal bar, square head bolt, and a retaining jam nut. The customer's fixture design included an anti-rotational features to locate and hold the nut while driving the bolt.
The overall footprint was kept to a minimum by utilizing our S-99 escapement which allows two fasteners to be deliver each cycle from a single feeder bowl. The customer integrated our twin spindle VPD2-54.2 Power Driver into their fully automated assembly machine.
The required production rate of 30 parts per minute was met by driving vertically down, independently installing each bolt simultaneously, and thereby complete a pair of clamp assemblies on each drive cycle.
By relying on Visumatic's expertise, the builder was able to speed deployment and focus their resources on providing the throughput and labor savings the plant was after.
Re-Inventing Automated Assembly Fastening, Everyday.
Visumatic is a specialty engineering firm whose mission is to deliver easily recognizable value in every fastening solution we create. We design and build the best automated fastener feeding and driving equipment on the market for manufacturing companies doing assembly work.
- Automatic nut and screwfeeding and driving systems
- Applications for nuts, bolts, push pins, and plastic fasteners
- All design, fabrication and quality control is done in-house
- Exhaustive, controlled testing is done on every unit before it ships
- We provide solutions for any automated fastening challenge
We answer challenges for our customers:
- We deliver longer life cycles, extreme durability, pinpoint accuracy and the strongest guarantee in the business.
- We invented the Locking Bit to make handheld assembly tasks easier.
- We invented the Viper to offer a turn-key truly programmable robotic feeding and driving system.
- We incorporate highly engineered ergonomics for safer, operator friendly components and greater operator acceptance.
The Visumatic Advant-edge
- Our 100% Guarantee: Our systems are 100% guaranteed with a six-month unconditional guarantee, and lifetime customer service support.
- Customer Specific Technical Manuals: Manuals are complete with your program, electrical, mechanical schematics, down to detailed replacement parts. We can be on the ‘same page’ with you with just a phone call. A Visumatic Exclusive.
- Customized For Your Process: Visumatic nosepieces are engineered to fit your part and application.
- More Experienced: Our engineers have over 90 years combined experience and our average employee tenure is over 14 years.
- On-call Support: Visumatic’s support staff is on-call and can be on site within 24 hours.
- Fast Delivery: Most applications can be delivered in 3 to 6 weeks.
- Extensive Testing: Systems are exhaustively tested to ensure long run cycles, decrease down time and low cost of ownership.
- High Repeat Business: Our customer satisfaction is so high that over 80% of our business comes from repeat customers.
Our customer base includes top-shelf OEM automotive, appliance and electronics manufacturing companies such as Honda, Ford, Toyota, Chrysler, General Motors, General Electric, Armstrong Air Conditioning, Amana Appliances, Maytag, Frigidaire, Honeywell, Hitachi, Sony and many others, as well as their suppliers.
Visumatic is an independent, family-owned and operated business located in Lexington, Kentucky.