Brush Seals for Rotating Applications
Featured Product from Waukesha Bearings
Compliant brush sealing systems can be applied to a wide variety of rotating equipment in air, steam, or process gas applications to reduce the leakage gap between the sealing surface and rotor. The compliancy of a brush seal allows the bristles to deflect with minimal wear, thereby maintaining a small leakage gap over time and increasing operational efficiencies.
The uniqueness of our product rests with its flexible sizing and replaceable bristle pack. These two features alone are technology differentiators and provide the benefits of quick turn times, ease of installation, and seal repair. These benefits coupled with efficiency gains provide valuable savings in solving your critical sealing needs.
- Pressure: Up to 300 psid (20 bar) per row
- Temperature: Up to 650°C (1,200°F)
- Surface speed: Up to 335 m/s (1,100 ft/sec)
- Environments: gas path (air, steam); bearing (air/oil)
- Housing material: stainless steel, Inconel, others
- Bristle material: Haynes 25
- Diameter: 19 mm (0.75″) to more than 3,050 mm (120″)
- Solid ring
- Split ring
- Linear strip