Custom Enclosures Protect Parts & Reputation
Featured Product from Web Seal Inc.
Enclosures, with doors, ports and accessories, involve irregular mating surfaces that require careful selection of a seal technology to keep your products secure. Such enclosures may involve:
- Digital equipment
- Manual, magnetic and solid-state starters and controllers
- Thermal, magnetic and solid-state overload relays
- Pushbutton stations, selector switches and pilot lights
- Control circuit switches and relays
- Float, flow, pressure and vacuum-operated switches
- Resistors and rheostats, including those for heating and lighting, and motor generator fields
- Proximity switches
- Time-delay relays and switches
- Control devices for industrial heating and lighting
- Programmable controllers
Enclosure gaskets that safeguard your products from outside environmental elements can be designed for ingress protection against human interference, moisture absorption, gases, vapors, dirt, dust and other particulates; to resist mildew, UV and ozone intrusion; and to shield against electromagnetic and radio frequency interference ( EMI/RFI). Enclosure gaskets can also be designed to block out noise or other interference created by internal components.
A wide selection of materials are available from Web Seal including solid elastomers, thermoplastic elastomers; flexible cellular sponges and foams; O-rings, shaft seals and special forms; composite gasketing; and coated fabrics.
Web Seal’s custom enclosure gaskets meet the following industry standards:
- UL 157 – Standard for Safety of Gaskets and Seals
- UL50 /UL50E – Enclosures for Electrical Equipment Standards
- UL508A – Standard for Industrial Control Equipment/Panels
- UL94 – Flammability Standards
- NEMA – rating system of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association regarding types of environments in which electrical enclosures can use used and the ability of fixed enclosures to withstand certain environmental conditions
- IEC – rating that defines levels of protections against foreign objects entering electrical enclosures
From simple to complex geometry, and from miniature to extra-large sizes, Web Seal can provide the optimal custom enclosure gaskets for your specifications, as well as rapid prototypes and material samples.