GYLON EPIX™ Series Transforms PTFE Gasketing
Featured Product from Web Seal Inc.
In testing scenarios, traditional GYLON® gaskets show heavier loading near and around bolt holes with lighter loading farther from the holes. However, the redesigned synthetic fluoropolymer GYLON EPIX™’clearly redistributes the load, preventing low loading.
Having evolved from Garlock's original GYLON® product line, GYLON EPIX™ combines its distinctive new features with all the advantages of its parent product. Developed in 1967, GYLON® gaskets quickly became an industry standard. With today’s increasing demands for environmental safety and cost savings, GYLON EPIX™ is the new standard for the next generation of gasketing materials.
GYLON EPIX™ :
- Retains all of the excellent chemical resistance characteristics of the original GYLON®, thereby eliminating the need to re-qualify products
- Substantially reduces emissions
- Minimizes creep and cold flow
- Reduces the need for stocking multiple thicknesses, eliminating incorrect gasket sizes and driving down inventory costs
- Being highly conformable, is suitable for a broader range of sealing applications, especially where there are uneven, pitted or irregular surfaces
GYLON EPIX™ sheet material comes in one optimum thickness: 3/32” (2.4mm). Its unique hexagonal design provides the seal performance and load retention of a thin gasket (1/16”) with the improved compressibility of a thicker one (1/8”), effectively having one seal doing the work of two.
Web Seal offers custom gaskets from three high-performance styles of GYLON EPIX™:
- 3500 EPX
- Fawn color
- Silica-filled PTFE
- Designed for extended service with aggressive media
- Applications include strong acids, chlorine, cryogenics, hydrocarbons, steam, and water
- 3504 EPX
- Blue color
- Aluminosilicate miscrosphere-filled PTFE
- Applications also include hydrogen peroxide, moderate concentrations of caustics and acids, refrigerants, cryogenics, hydrocarbons and water
- 3510 EPX
- Off-white color
- Barium-filled PTFE
- Designed for applications with critical installation requirements and maintenance of an extremely tight seal
- Applications include aluminum fluoride, moderate acids, strong caustics, chlorine, cryogenics, gases, hydrocarbons, monomers, and steam
Who We AreAn ISO 9001:2015 company, Web Seal has been providing solutions for sealing challenges for more than 58 years.
As a full-service fabricator of die-cut parts and a distributor of industrial sealing components, we source our materials and products globally.
Web Seal can also offer:
- state-of-the-art die-cutting equipment
- rapid turnaround on prototypes
- vendor managed inventory (VMI) programs
We are a privately held corporation located in upstate New York, halfway between two of the state's major attractions -- Niagara Falls at the Canadian border and the wine country of the Finger Lakes. Our facilities in downtown Rochester are located just off major expressways.