PC/104-Plus DC/DC Power Supply
Featured Product from WinSystems, Inc.
WinSystems' PPM-DC-ATX-P is a PC/104-Plus module that produces five regulated DC voltages from a common DC input. It features a very wide voltage input range from 10 to 50 volts. This allows the unit to operate with 12, 24, or 48 volt battery or distributed DC power systems.
This high-efficiency power supply design supports ATX compatible signals so it can use power management modes. ATX mode support Power On/Off , Power Good, and +5VSB to allow software controlled shutdown and sleep modes.
Each output is short circuit protected and current limited. A minimum load is not needed to bring the supply into regulation.
When power is applied to the board, five LEDs will illuminate providing a visual status that power is available for the +5V, +3.3V, ±12V, and +5V standby. If one of these LEDs is not lit or is pulsing ON and OFF, then the respective supply voltage is not in regulation. A pulsating LED is an indication that the respective converter is in current limit.
There is also a connector for an ON/OFF switch for remote shutdown of the system. However, the +5VSB source will continue to be active.
- Wide input range: 10V to 50 VDC
- Voltage output: +5V @ 10A, +3.3V @ 10A, +12V @ 3A, -12V @ 800 mA, and +5VSB @ 2A
- PWR_OK, PS_ON#, and +5VSB supported for power management and sleep modes
- -40 to +85°C operation
- No fan or heat sink required
- No minimum load required for regulation
- Outputs with short circuit, overload and overvoltage protection
- Screw terminals for accessory power connection
- High efficiency design
- Fast transient response