Machinable Glass Ceramic
Product Announcement from Xiamen Innovacera Advanced Materials Co., Ltd.
Machinable Glass Ceramic has a continuous use temperature of 800° C and a peak temperature of 1000° C. Its coefficient of thermal expansion readily matches most metals and sealing glasses. It processes good machinability and can be lathed, milled, planed, ground, bored, incised and threaded. It also has the advantages of insulation, pore-free, high/low-temperature resistant, acid and alkali resistant and thermal impact resistant.
- Magnetic susceptibility: ≤1.2×10-6
- Dielectric constant: 6?7
- Breakdown voltage: ≥15 KV/mm
- Flexural strength: ≥108Mpa
- Fracture Modulus: 15000bf/in2
- Impact toughness: ≥ 3.8 KJ/m2 Knoop
- Hardness: 176?343 kg/mm2
- Volume density: 2.5?2.8 g/cm3
- Range of operating temperature: -200?+1000?
- Thermal expansion coefficient: ≤94×10-7 /K
- Thermal conductivity: ≥ 1.7 W/m·K
It is widely used for nuclear, microwave high vacuum insulation, high precision magnetism-free skeleton for aeronautic and astronautic electrical devices, ultra-high voltage insulation for electric motors and structural parts at strong erosion environments. In terms of machinability, it can take place of aluminum oxide and boron nitride ceramics that are difficult to machine.