Fasteners for LiDAR systems and their components
Featured Product from ZAGO Manufacturing Company, Inc.
ZAGO sealing fasteners with rubber O-ring technology are used to seal equipment, lasers, and sensors, wherever LiDAR systems are present, including:
- Aerial, Ground and Underwater Drones
- Emergency Medical Delivery Drones
- Subsea Robots and Co-Bots
- Industrial Robots and Co-Bots, including Warehouse and Logistics
- Security Cameras / 3-D Cameras
- Surgical Robots
- Hospital Staffing Ward, Disinfecting and Cleaning Robots
- Delivery / Campus Delivery Robots
- Hospitality Robots (i.e. Room Service)
THE FUTURE OF AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES, ROBOTS & DRONES RIDES ON EVOLUTION & PROTECTION OF LIDAR
Developed over four decades ago by NASA and the U.S. Military, LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) is now considered a viable, safe solution for mass production of autonomous vehicles, robots, co-bots, aerial drones, and modes of transportation. LiDAR technology systems have evolved, and the production of affordable, reliable, safe autonomous transportation and even industrial robots is real.
LiDAR systems and their components - blue chips and sensors - are fragile. Sensors contain microcontrollers and electronics that can be easily damaged by the infiltration of water, saltwater, dust, humidity, oil, and other contaminants. In addition to sensors storing and transmitting critical data, LiDAR systems are exposed to outdoor elements, and must withstand:
- Harsh weather, extreme cold and heat, and environmental pollutants
- Security tampering and cybersecurity risks
- Corrosion and extreme atmospheric pressure (i.e. unmanned underwater vehicles surveying the depths of the ocean floor)
- Rugged roads, potholes, and the shocks and bumps of daily travel
ZAGO HIGH-TECH SEALING SCREWS, NUTS, BOLTS AND WASHERS PROVIDE LIDAR SYSTEMS & SENSORS WITH 360º LEAK-PROOF PROTECTION
ZAGO sustainable high-tech sealing fasteners (sealing screws, nuts, bolts, and washers) prevent both leakage and seepage of contaminants into and out of sensors and LiDAR-related equipment. They can withstand harsh weather and extreme temperatures, are tamper-proof, vibration and corrosion-resistant and outperform ordinary fasteners in highly pressurized environments.
Unlike ordinary fasteners, ZAGO high-tech sealing fasteners are configured with a rubber O-ring (or a rubber element) that when squeezed, permanently seals out a wide range of contaminants from entering and damaging LiDAR systems and their respective sensors, while preventing leakage. They can easily be wiped down and will not absorb isopropyl alcohol and other disinfectants.
HOW THEY WORK
ZAGO self-sealing fasteners are engineered with a custom groove under the head of the screw or the face of the nut that when combined with a rubber O-ring or rubber element, and tightened, squeezes outwardly to form a 360º leak-proof hermetic seal. The undercut groove ensures that the O-ring will not break or crack once the screw is torqued, and the metal-to-metal contact prolongs the life of the O-ring or rubber element, which is not compromised under pressure.
Did you know ZAGO:
- High-tech sealing fasteners may be unscrewed and retightened multiple times, are reusable, and made of corrosion-resistant metals, like stainless steel and steel alloys, titanium, brass and monel.
- Offers FDA-approved rubber and rubber O-rings made of silicone, fluoro-silicone, viton, neoprene, buna, teflon, and EPDM.
- Sealing screws and O-rings meet Military Standards NASM 82496 and pressure resistant to 1,500 PSI.
- Provides samples and usually ships product within two days.
- Has a machine shop inhouse.
- Sealing solutions and components are inherently green and made in the U.S.A. at a sustainable facility powered by solar energy.
- Serves thousands of engineers and OEMs worldwide.
- Clients include iRobot, Segway, Boeing, U.S. Airforce, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, General Motors, Teledyne Marine, Ferrari, Punch Powertrain, Apple, GE, HP, and L3 Communications.
High-Tech Sealing Fasteners: What are they & when to use them?
Learn how ZAGO high-tech sealing fasteners (sealing screws, nuts, bolts, washers) with O-ring technology help engineers and OEMs solve their toughest sealing challenges; differ from ordinary fasteners; and are instrumental in sealing high-asset equipment, including, 3D cameras, satellites, LiDAR systems, sensors, medical devices, drones, robots, lithium batteries, marine and more.
DID YOU KNOW?
ZAGO sealing fasteners are highly specialized fasteners (sealing screws, sealing nuts, sealing bolts and sealing washers) that are configured with a rubber O-ring (or a rubber element) that when squeezed, permanently seal out a wide range of contaminants from entering and damaging equipment while preventing leakage of toxins into the environment.
ZAGO high-tech self-sealing fasteners are engineered with a groove under the head of the screw or the face of the nut that when combined with a rubber O-ring and tightened, squeezes outwardly to form a 360-degree leak-proof hermetic seal. The undercut groove ensures that the O-ring will not break or crack once the screw is torqued, and the metal-to-metal contact prolongs the life of the O-ring, which is not compromised under pressure.
SEALING FASTENERS FOR ALL SEASONS
ZAGO sealing fasteners are designed to withstand harsh weather and extreme temperatures, such as when unmanned underwater vehicles survey the icy cold depths of the ocean floor to unmanned automotive vehicles operating in the extreme heat of the desert. They are vibration and pressure-resistant and outperform ordinary fasteners in highly pressurized environments, such as pneumatic pumps used in medical ventilators and pressure valves in industrial machinery.
WHEN TO USE ZAGO SEALING FASTENERS - KEY QUESTIONS
If the answer is yes to any of the following questions, then, it is essential to seal your equipment with sealing fasteners for long-lasting, air-tight, leak-proof protection:
Does your high-asset machinery / sensitive equipment need an air-tight, hermetic seal to:
- Protect itself from exposure to oil, gases, liquids, chemicals, dust, dirt, moisture, salt water or other contaminants?
- Withstand extreme pressure, temperature and/or weather conditions?
- Prevent seepage of pollutants leaking into the environment?
FAST FACTS - ZAGO SEALING FASTENERS:
- Usually have an unlimited shelf-life and are available in custom and standard sizes.
- Are reusable, tamper proof and made of corrosion-resistant metals, like stainless steel and steel alloys, titanium, brass and Monel.
- Are compatible with rubber O-rings made of Silicone, Fluorosilicone, Viton, neoprene, buna, Teflon and EPDM.
- Are pollutant-free, made in the U.S.A. and sold worldwide.
- Are available with military and FDA grade O-rings and sealing screws that meet Military Standard NASM 82496 and pressure resistant to 1500 psi.
- Are DFARS, REACH, RoHS and DEKRA compliant and NEMA ready for electrical enclosures.
- Are used in myriad industries, including Robotics & Drones, Military & Aerospace,Agriculture, Medical Device, Telecommunications, Transportation, Marine, Electronics & Enclosures, Commercial Lighting, Energy Generation & Recovery, Heavy Equipment and more.
Based in Newark, NJ, ZAGO's self-sealing fasteners and switch boots are used in countless industries: aerospace, transportation, exterior LED lighting, medical devices, robotics and drones, energy, marine, electronics and more. Clients span the world and include major military contractors, Google, Ferrari, BOSE, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, GE Energy, L3 Communications, and HP.
In addition to manufacturing contaminant-free products, ZaGO “walks the talk” of a sustainable company: implementing lean manufacturing processes, adopting a solar array on the rooftop to reduce pollution and conserve energy, recycling, and, as a member of the New Jersey Sustainable Business Registry, adhering to rigorous sustainability standards. Through its ZaGO Sustainability 360 program, the company provides education, field trips to its manufacturing facility, and scholarships to encourage children, teens and STEM students living in underserved communities to pursue a career in STEM or manufacturing.