Must-have features like sustainability, reducing CO2 emissions and recuperation of kinetic energy. Increased power demand for actuation and diagnosis capabilities in automated vehicles. These are just some of the challenges for the next design of cars.
With 12/48 V dual power supply there is a perfect balance between sustainability and providing the right power needed.
This webinar covers:
- The main benefit of a 48 V power network with its typical applications is the reduction of the CO2 output
- This is realized primary through the recuperation of energy, but driving support by the starter generator is also a benefit of the 48 V network
- New comfort features which need a higher power density are also an advantage of the second power network in a MHEV and BEV
- Further auxiliary applications which consume high power can be moved from the 12 V network to the 48 V side. This allows realizing of an even more stable 12 V power network.
- Learn the market outlook for MHEV and BEV
- Discover the benefits of various advanced E/E architectures
- Learn about Infineon's semiconductor solutions for 48 V applications
Dr. Johannes Breitschopf is part of Technical Marketing Distribution Europe, Infineon Technologies AG. He holds a Ph.D. in nuclear particle physics and has worked in the semiconductor industry for about 10 years. He started his professional career as a product test engineer for memory products and continued as an application engineer for Automotive Motor Control Solutions. In 2013 he joined the Distribution Marketing Group where he is responsible for the technical consulting on automotive and industrial products.
Frank-Steffen Russ is Director Segment Automotive in EBV
ELEKTRONIK GmbH & CO KG (an AVNET company)
He studied electronics at the Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences. He has worked in the semiconductor industry for about 26 years. starting in test and measurement for automotive and telecom products. For 24 years he served different roles supporting the automotive industry. He has been working for EBV Elektronik since 1997, supporting its customers with his automotive system knowledge.