Environmental Sustainability is about managing the use of natural resources and human effects on the environment to meet the needs of the present and future generations. Implicit are the objectives of preserving the capacity for strong economic growth and improving quality of life.
This 40-minute webinar, presented by Don Schumacher of Foam Supplies, Inc., will discuss:
- Spray polyurethane foam technology
- The science of insulation
- The environmental, economic, and social impact of insulation choices
- The versatility and utility of SPF insulation for construction, cold chain, transportation, petrochemical and agricultural industries.
Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) insulation has become an essential tool in conserving energy resources, creating economic value while improving human well-being. SPF systems using Ecomate zero-GWP blowing agent provides additional environmental benefits.
Taking actions now that will preserve our environment for future generations has recently gained new significance as individuals, national economies, and corporate entities are beginning experience effects of human activity first hand.
- Learn what SPF insulation is and how it functions in comparison to other insulation technologies
- Discover the impact of foam blowing agent selection on the environment
- Understand the quantitative environmental, economic and societal impact that results from use of SPF
- Grasp the breadth of applications for SPF insulation across various industries
Don Schumacher has over 40 years of technical and commercial experience in the polyurethane industry in product and applications development, chemical research, manufacturing, and sales and marketing management roles. He is currently Commercial Development Manager at Foam Supplies, Inc., where he is focused on creating new opportunities for polyurethane foams based on Ecomate environmentally responsible blowing agent technology.
For the last 15 years, Don has been in the Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) industry where his expertise includes foam technology, contractor training, product stewardship, construction codes, and building science. He has served in various leadership roles in the industry, including with the American Chemistry Council Center for Polyurethanes Industry and the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance.
Don has a passion, personally and professionally, for environmental sustainability, particularly with respect to energy conservation. He is especially proud of the deep energy retrofits he has completed in his own residences by means of spray foam insulation, reducing energy consumption by up to 40%.