Pour-in-place and spray-applied rigid polyurethane foam has become the thermal insulation of choice for OEM design and process engineers for a wide range of industrial and consumer goods. Other functional benefits further enhance product performance and manufacturing efficiencies for HVAC and cold storage components, marine, food service equipment, recreational coolers, specialty vehicles, and other products where superior thermal resistance is required.
This 40-minute webinar, presented by Don Schumacher of Foam Supplies, Inc., will discuss:
- Rigid polyurethane foam technology
- The science behind the thermal resistance and other performance characteristics of closed cell polyurethane foam and other insulation materials
- Polyurethane foam processing technology
- Industry and product specific applications for rigid polyurethane foam
- Environmental considerations of rigid polyurethane foam
- Understand the fundamentals rigid polyurethane foam technology including chemistry, processing and material properties
- Investigate the physics behind the thermal and other functional properties of rigid polyurethane foam
- Learn about manufacturing equipment needed to produce rigid polyurethane foam insulation
- Grasp the breadth of applications for rigid polyurethane foam insulation across various industries and the benefits it provides for product performance and manufacturing quality and efficiency
Don Schumacher has over 40 years of technical and commercial experience in the polyurethane industry in product and applications development, chemical research, manufacturing, and sales and marketing management roles. He has hands-on, front-line application experience in a wide variety of industries including automotive, appliances, furniture, structural composites, rotomolded plastics, specialty molding and construction.
Don is currently Director of Marketing at Foam Supplies, Inc., where he is developing customer-centric, need-focused digital communication strategies and content.