This presentation covers the fundamentals of SCALE-iDriver technology. It explains the benefits of FluxLink-based galvanic isolation and signal transmission. Attendees will also learn how to both reduce system cost and improve reliability. Practical guidance on specific applications like solar and motor drives will be given in the presentation.
Attendees will learn about:
- SCALE-iDriver basic introduction
- Application specifics
- Improving power system Safe Operational Area (SOA)
- Reducing gate driver cost and improving reliability
- Motor drive cost reduction
- Supports photo-voltaic market 1500 V
- Driving CIM/PIB modules
- Learn the fundamentals of gate driver technology - how to reduce power stage cost and improve reliability
- Understand the importance of advanced protection to improve the safe operating area of high power systems
- Discover gate driver isolation architecture choices to simplify the power stage
- Learn about gate driver optimization for 1500 V solar applications and PIM/CIB modules
Gary Bowers has 28 years of experience in high voltage power electronics. For the last five years, he has focused on field application engineering - adapting gate driver technology for applications such as motor drive, solar and wind inverters and medium voltage inverter applications. Gary is the senior engineering manager responsible for Power Integrations gate driver technology in the Americas.
Previously he served as a technology director in developing power electronics for the wind, solar and grid tie-in globally. Gary is a recognized expert in the development of power stages utilizing IGBT modules and gate driver technology.