Based on long-lasting experience many production processes within the food industry are batch type applications. Much like baking a cake at home, all ingredients are being weighed or quantified by volume, before all ingredients will be mixed to one (in)consistent dough or pulp product.
The enabling EGM™ technology for Coriolis meters now allows users
to 'weigh' a product in the process piping, while blending it continuously in
the desired ratio into the final product. Highest repeatability allows for
tightening your production tolerances, thus increase the efficiency of your raw
material for a specified final product.
The largest contribution to savings, however, is the amount of production time. Avoiding process interrupts in itself is an increase of productivity. Simplified handling through continuous blending no longer requires to think or produce in lot sizes determined by the size of a vessel.
Attend this webinar and learn how measurement instrumentation can increase the productivity in your plant and unlock incremental potential for automation in your food & beverage production process.
- How to measure mass inline and real-time in process piping as opposed to on a weigh scale or on load cells
- Parallel reading of product density allows for further optimization of ingredient dosing as well as monitoring of product quality inline
- Sample taking for quality control in lab becomes redundant
- Examples of inline mass measurement for meat and fish products, bread dough, noodle dough and vegetable products
- Learn more about the solutions and measurement instrumentation of KROHNE for process optimization in the food & beverage production
Ryan Kromhout brings a diverse set of process instrumentation and automation in terms of experience, working in demanding flow applications over hygienic valves through the physical layer for signal transmission and a uniform access to device intelligence.
Following his engagement with Emerson Process Management, Brooks Instrument, GEA Tuchenhagen GmbH and Turck, Ryan now leads the Global Industry Division Food for the KROHNE Group.