The PoE specification is relatively complex and not easily accessible on the web. This webinar extracts the fundamental PoE requirements and presents them in a clear and digestible manner. Isolated vs. non -isolated PoE powered LED drivers, and 25W vs. 70W PoE powered security camera smart building block diagrams are included. Highlights of the webinar include:
- Advantages Powering Smart Building with PoE
- Poe Topologies and terms
- Smart Building Cable Loss Case Study
- 2pair 4 pair
- Voltages and DC resistance
- IEE802.3af Detection and Classification (15W)
- IEE802.3at Detection and Classification (30W)
- IEE802.3bt Detection and Classification (90W)
- MPS (Maintain Power Signature)
- LLDP (Link Layer Discovery Protocol)
- Single vs. Dual Signature
- ON Semiconductor PoE (PD) Product Portfolio
- Smart Building Application Block Diagram Examples
- Learn the fundamentals of the PoE Specification, including the latest 802.3bt, 90W requirements.
- Understand the importance of Autoclass, Inrush, MPS, and Single vs. Dual Signature, 2-pair and 4-pair power.
- Explore PoE Smart Building applications like LED and Security Camera.
- Learn PoE topologies and terms like; PSE, PD, Endspan and Midspan (injectors) PSE's, and PoE Splitters.
- Learn about a PoE "Smart Building" Efficiency Use Case.
Bob Card has over 25 years of experience in the Semiconductor Industry, tackling applications like li-ion battery management and charging, USB, wireless/wired communications, SERDES and authentication. Bob is the marketing manager responsible for On Semiconductor's Analog Solutions Group (ASG) for the Americas' region.