IEC 62133, now IEC 62133-2, has fast become the global standard for Lithium Ion Battery compliance. However, many legacy standards, international variants, system level and end products standards add complexity when trying to map out your battery and device compliance plans.
During the presentation, some of the many topics covered include:
- IEC 62133, 62133-1, 62133-2 updates and gaps
- International harmonization, adoption, and variants
- Cell, battery and end product standards alignment
- Battery as a component, a standalone device or as part of a system
- Considerations for battery chargers in your compliance plans
- And more!
- Gain insight into key updates you need to know from IEC 62133 to the latest versions.
- Understand the roadmap for safety & performance requirements for Lithium Ion batteries
- Learn how requirements can impact your product design and components
- Understand how to address battery chargers as part of your overall compliance plan
Rich Byczek is the global technical director for electric vehicle and energy storage at Intertek. He has more than 20 years of experience in product development and validation testing, and is an expert in the areas of energy storage, audio equipment and EMC. Rich sits on several SAE, IEC, UL and ANSI standards panels.