This webinar presents an overview of aromatic dianhydrides such as benzophenone tetracarboxylic dianhydride (BTDA) and the specialized thermal, mechanical and electrical properties they impart in advanced thermoset applications.
Dianhydride-based polyimides are used in cutting-edge aerospace composites and electronics applications (e.g. 5G phones, foldable electronic displays, etc.). Dianhydride-cured epoxies are used in demanding electrical and high-temperature applications such as adhesives, powder coatings and molding compounds.
- Understand what makes dianhydrides such as BTDA a unique class of curing agents or building blocks for epoxies or polyimides
- Gain knowledge of commercially important dianhydrides suited for high-end thermoset applications
- Learn about new dianhydrides gaining importance for challenging polyimide applications such as high-temperature composites
- Gain knowledge about new dianhydrides enabling transparent and colorless polyimides for high-end electronic displays
- Learn how classic epoxy applications can take advantage of these unique curing agents leading to new value propositions for your end markets
Dr. Vinay Mishra joined CABB in July 2019 to lead technical & business development efforts in high-performance composites and coatings for the JAYHAWK Thermoset Additives portfolio of products. He has over 20 years of experience in the thermoset industry, through various business development and R&D leadership roles at ITW, Sika, Air Products and Dixie Chemical. He is passionate about helping customers succeed in their projects and firmly believes that collaboration between companies is the best way to succeed in challenging technical projects.
Vinay holds a B.S. in chemical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology in Varanasi, and a Ph.D. in polymers from Lehigh University.